Author Topic: Import global attributes  (Read 5634 times)

Offline rsfire411

• View Profile
Import global attributes
« on: February 15, 2014, 06:11:39 PM »
Hi,
    I have a lot of attributes i need to add in i was just wanting to see if there is a way import a csv file that i can create to save me time on adding my options?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 06:24:26 PM by rsfire411 »

gordontaylor

Re: Import global attributes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »
In your control panel data base you can export the particular table you wish to modify, like products, as a CSV file, then modify it and push it back to the data base. It will add those attributes to the page.

Offline rsfire411

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 05:48:57 PM »
Hi,
    thanks for the reply.  I know I can add them to the products that way but I am wanting to create the attributes in the database itself.  I have alot to create just wanting to know if there was a faster way to create them.

gordontaylor

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 07:28:41 PM »
Sorry, don't know another way. Editing the Excel spread sheet should be fast, but I don't know how many attributes you want to add.

Offline rsfire411

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 08:30:13 PM »
Hi,
    Thanks again on the reply.  Im not trying to add attributes to the products itself.  I am wanting to create my attributes but I have 300+ Colors to add in the database plus sizes Lengths and so on about a 1000 different options, not all on one item but put in the system so i can add them to my  products later.

gordontaylor

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 10:01:40 PM »
Oh, I see. Perhaps this thread will be of some help http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/69-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/global-attributes

It's a link to the documentation that shows how to add global attributes.

Offline rsfire411

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 07:31:40 AM »
Hi
   Thanks for the info.  I already know how to add them like that.  Just was looking to see if there was a way to import them on a spreed sheet but it is looking like there isn't a option yet to do that.  Owell guess i can send a day adding them lol.  But thanks again for the help.

Database Error

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.