Author Topic: deleting products and media  (Read 5856 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
deleting products and media
« on: February 19, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
Hi Abantecart admins.

Thanks a bunch for the new way to delete media from a product within the product pages as introduced in 1.1.8.   That's a really big improvement in my opinion.

I just have one additional request for the next version - can you possibly make so when you delete a product within the product listing pages, it will delete the link within the resource library?

If one has a linked image and deletes the product - it will happily delete your product, but it still leaves the mapping link on the image.  Thereby when you try to delete the image within the Resource Library it will fail because it has a mapped link.

This enhancement would add some enhancement to the wonderful cart.

Thanks for considering this.

Lee

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: deleting products and media
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:41:50 PM »
Let me clarify. Do you say that currently images are not unlinked from deleted product?

I tried now and looks like images are removed.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
Here's what I am seeing in my testing:

If I choose a product in the Product Listing Page - and click on Delete WITHOUT going to the media first - it does delete the listing (see screen shot Product for my selection for checking purpose on the other screen shots only )

Upon checking the resource library AFTER deleting the product - I see the product is there,  and there is link is Null
(see screen shot Mapping)

Then if I try to delete the product pic within the resource library, even though it shows no mapping - it will not delete (see screen shot Deleting-pic)

Now if I go to the Media tab and select delete on the image,  it does remove everything from the resource library.  Then I have to return to the product listing grid and delete the product there.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »
and the last shot

Note,  this is 1.1.8 version,  html-default -  first time installation - not an upgrade to an exisitng.  Only has demo products in the database.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:01:53 AM by llegrand »

Offline layer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
this happened to me 2 days ago ;D
frustrated with the situation, i installed the store again, this time without the installation of example things

Offline layer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
this situation remained in 1.1.9, too bad...