Author Topic: Customization on price tag  (Read 5428 times)

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
Customization on price tag
« on: March 05, 2014, 02:43:16 AM »
I know it is possible to customize the price tag. But if I want to put the "spiral" of the price tag on specific product price tag, is it possible? How do we do it?

Thanks.

gordontaylor

Re: Customization on price tag
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 11:56:35 AM »
It's an offset in the CSS...how's your CSS abilities

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:41:00 PM »
my css is just the basic level. I managed to changed the spiral to ribbon but I am curious that how they put the "sale" tag on the product on sale. I know that the "sale" tag only happens if there is discount for the product, but what if we want to put other customized tag (not the "sale" tag) on certain product only? For example, one product might be tagged "hot stock" instead of "sale"...

Thanks.

gordontaylor

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:10:36 AM »
It's a image that is added to that Block...block being the key here. You can add other images to other blocks, but you must edit the block.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:11 AM »
Gordon answered you about the spiral and how to change that, which it seems you've already accomplished - good for you.

But on the second part where you want to tag things in addition to Sale - it is more than just the graphic.  In order for the sale tag to appear you need to place the item on sale -  this flags a field in the database and the code knows this and displays according to all the css coding.

In order for you to use this type of method for other tags you would need to add fields and css coding and add an entry point in the admin panel for each type of flag.

Here's some alternative ways that don't require code and database change that might work for you:
There is a section in the home page titled Latest -  you could emboldened that area with descriptors after the Latest Products tag,  you can also change it to say NEWEST PRODUCTS or whatever term you wish. 

You could also simply put your own NEW tag with the product description - this would not show up on the home or categories pages, just the product page. 

Lee

gordontaylor

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 10:40:46 AM »
Good answer Lee, and an easy way around the issue. If you're not comfortable with php and css don't attempt the modification on your own, you can blow up your entire store.