Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: admin panel customization  (Read 4674 times)

Offline sandy123

• View Profile
    • Indian Saree Mandir
admin panel customization
« on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
sir let me elaborate u my issue ,our admin panel has the option

as main menu

Catalog

Sales
Design
Extensions
System
Reports
Help

so i want to change the code such way that only catalog tag will appear in the admin panel so req u to guide me wid the path which need to be edited since i have experiment with the inspect element in mozilla there is code which i deteld i made to the scenario what i required .i deleted the div header content etc and div section 2 and i get rid of all that msg box which appears on ryt top .so which file i need to edit am using html5 and 1.1.8 version

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: admin panel customization
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 06:22:16 PM »
Sandy is your requirement to only show Catalog - due to wanting to limit the access of certain users to see and/or modify only that section?

If so - you can do that by using User Groups to select what a group can do -  there is Access (see ) and Modify (change/edit)  for every function.
Turn on the ones you want, leave the others off.

Then make a new user - and assign them to the User Group you wish.  You can can their Group at any time. 

This would seem to be a much simpler and more effective and efficient way to manage what I believe you are trying to do.

Lee