Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Product options and prices  (Read 6155 times)

Offline Skills

• View Profile
Product options and prices
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:07:32 AM »
Hello,
I wish that the price differences on the size options, for example, not to be visible, becouse the users are getting confused about the prices.

For example if a i have different sizes for a perfume, 50, 100 and so on and different prices for each one, it will look like in the attached file.

I wish to eliminate the price differences ( 100, 57, 22 ) but still to calculate them to the total price. The problem is that many user get confused in these differences +30$, - 40$, and i wish to eliminate those options. Is there a way ? Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:29:20 AM by Skills »

Offline maniz

• View Profile
Re: Product options and prices
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:34:39 AM »
Make the actual product with $0.00 and then put the correct price in the option under size

Offline Skills

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:05:04 AM »
I am sorry but i don't think i follow you, if you could be more specific. Thank you.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:58:17 PM »
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Skills

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 02:42:31 PM »
Thank you but that is a different thing, i don't wish to modify the total price but the ones in the options field, like in the print in  the first message. Maybe if there is a way instead of price difference, to show the total price of a size, for example if for a 100 ml perfume the difference is 30 $ from the initial price, it will show the total price for that size.

P.s. I have three abantecart websites and on each one of them the users get confused in these selections, even if the total price is shown below they think that the difference price ( -30 $ / +120$ ) is the total price and i have some difficulty explaining to them de difference even if for some of us is very obviously.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 03:21:19 PM by Skills »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 03:20:01 PM »
maybe a really simple fix -  just add information to the Options title - I just tested and added this - and it displays correctly - please use your own explanation - I was just testing to see how much we could put in option name.

Size (shows pricing difference-see total for pricing)

Offline maniz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 08:18:56 AM »
What I do is I put $0.00 in the price for the product and the correct price in the option
Ex. Product abc $0.00 and shows on front page o.oo
Add to cart takes you to select size or other option and it there has the correct size

Option 1. Sm $5.00
Option 2. Med $7.00
Option 3. Large $8.00

Offline frenchinalps

• View Profile
    • La Folie du Goût
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 05:10:35 PM »
Hi

I'm sorry but..........:

When we have products options (size, weight*my case*, etc...) it's not a professionnal way to show the prices by difference. Everyone wants to simplify the purchasing on e-commerce (like Abantecart i hope). When you buy something in physical shop, you have the real price for "big size" and not difference compare to "small size"!! Except for promotions of course!!

If we put $0.00, shows on front page 0.00.  When we have one product without options so   $20.00 in front page and another product with $0.00, some customers could think "out of stock" (they're not supposed to know the differents messages of the states of stocks)  and its opposit to the law of commerce. When you have a product "in stock" you must show the price but not in options!

I tried to put "+" but erase on options (possible with opencart)
With others free-software like Prestashop (i used before), Magento,........the prices what you show is the real price!!

So please, could you find a solution ! your freeware could be the "best" but this method is a big mistake!!

Regards   (my english is not perfect, i'm French  ::)