Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: default_html5 theme full desktop view on mobile devices  (Read 13788 times)

Offline classicer

• View Profile
default_html5 theme full desktop view on mobile devices
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:02:51 AM »
Hello everyone and thank you for making this great shopping cart available via SiteGround

I need your help turning off mobile view for default_html5 AbanteCart version 1.1.8 making it look just like the default theme on mobile devices

I am currently implementing AbanteCart on my SiteGround server for jewelry retail project and I really favor it's practicality and overall functionality to some prominent shopping carts I have been using for a while. I really like the look of default_html5 theme clean feel and have done some css color work matching my product category type, nevertheless I am having a hard time turning completely off the mobile view. About 30% of my site visitors are on international android mobile devices having large screens where standard full desktop view is absolutely desired. Current mobile view that is automatically switched is not suitable for my project and I would hate to have no choice but to drop it because of this simple matter.

Your help, experience or code sniped instruction effectively addressing my request is very match appreciated.

Waiting for response

Gnel
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:01:39 AM by classicer »

gordontaylor

Re: default_html5 theme full desktop view on mobile devices
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 10:45:54 AM »
Turn off the banner slider and your width issues on mobile will go away. This script is mobile compatible.

Offline classicer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 05:22:39 AM »
Excellent, thank you so much Taylor!

Offline classicer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:35:18 PM »
But how do I turn mobile optimization off?

Thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:39:29 AM »
But how do I turn mobile optimization off?

Thank you!

Hi. There is no easy way to turn off 'mobile optimization'. You need to modify template files to do this.

Offline classicer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 03:35:47 AM »
how? I am not into easy ways, I need to turn it off and willing to compensate if one can effectively address my preference here, don't want to get into freelancer project bidding

Also need a basic AJAX ask product question pop up module above add to cart button that can send an email to administrator (no back end) referencing product URL included, with total of 4 fields

Subject: auto Question About Model ID (ID based on the product page Model question is asked from)

Email: (anyone can ask registered member or not, no validation needed)

Name: single text input field

Question: (clickable product URL in the body first)

Click Ask or Send,

Confirm: Thank you, we will answer to your question within 24 hours

when email is received and replied auto filling reply email and include clickable product URL with the original question in email body as expected

Thank you!

Gnel
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:52:11 AM by classicer »

gordontaylor

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 03:49:18 PM »
There is no mobile/not-mobile. The cart uses HTML5 to make it responsive to mobile, but it is excellent across all platforms....I guess I am not understanding your issue.

Continuing on with your pop-up field, sounds like you're looking for a Java app that will do that. I don't see where AJAX will be helpful in that instance.

how? I am not into easy ways, I need to turn it off and willing to compensate if one can effectively address my preference here, don't want to get into freelancer project bidding

Also need a basic AJAX ask product question pop up module above add to cart button that can send an email to administrator (no back end) referencing product URL included, with total of 4 fields

Subject: auto Question About Model ID (ID based on the product page Model question is asked from)

Email: (anyone can ask registered member or not, no validation needed)

Name: single text input field

Question: (clickable product URL in the body first)

Click Ask or Send,

Confirm: Thank you, we will answer to your question within 24 hours

when email is received and replied auto filling reply email and include clickable product URL with the original question in email body as expected

Thank you!

Gnel
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:51:32 PM by gordontaylor »

Offline classicer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 08:21:01 AM »
Plane Java is fine, I just like AJAX feel, after all it is Java utilizing XML access and HTML/CSS formatting 

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »
About 30% of my site visitors are on international android mobile devices having large screens where standard full desktop view is absolutely desired.

Gnel, sorry, but whatever large screens their androids may have, most of them still are not tablets(?), and IMHO, the smart-phone visitors (including the spacious Galaxy), even the small-sized tablet users, mostly appreciate the mobile site version -- no matter how poor it may look for us, on our desktops\laptops -- because for them it's all about the actual usability (search, entering information, etc) in the mobile environment, not about how pretty the home page looks...

Current mobile view that is automatically switched is not suitable for my project

AFAIK the current mobile view in the AC is actually an "Adaptive" type of design: what it mainly does, it automatically resizes images and layout while keeping overall style. Yeah, adaptive design is embedded in code and, by definition, has never been perfect for any website which we may turn to on Internet (compared to individual custom design, shipped and maintained in a separate code).  Nevertheless, IMHO the current adaptive design is still so much better than the full(desktop) version to work with on the smaller-screened mobile devices (not tablets), since not everyone out there with the Android OS have their screens big enough to comfortably browse the desktop version, so it's a good compromise for many owners of the cart (which, by the way, is free).

I do agree, however: there's a lot of room for improvement here (like some functionality might be added/dropped to improve look and feel for the mobile users, not just doing resizing), and hope it will be improved from version to version, provided the cart owners themselves frequently use mobile devices for testing and regularly provide their feedback on how to improve the mobile version exactly, in corresponding topics - the "New Features Suggestion" or  "Mobile Ecommerce" topics.  If there is no specific feature or feedback with steps, then there is no improvement in the Adaptive Mobile Design.  One idea for a possible feature request that you may like to submit on the forum, could be a button "Switch to the Desktop version" that shows up somewhere for the users who access the website from a mobile device and allows them to switch to the full (Desktop) view (and back) by pressing it on demand.

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 07:53:09 AM »