Author Topic: pickup from store option  (Read 6755 times)

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
pickup from store option
« on: March 01, 2014, 03:31:02 AM »
I want to know if it is possible to add a list of shops provided under pickup from store extension to choose from? Any tips on where should I perform the modification complete with its radio button?

Thanks.

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: pickup from store option
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:22 PM »
I think you can not add this with current store pickup extension functionality.
You can add or change the text, but not much you can do without code change.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline rookiecoder

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »
Then where can i change the code? For example, public_html/xxx?? I need to change the database as well is I am going to add additional field in the shipping module form right?

Thanks.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:56:23 PM »

Did you think about using the multi-store function of Abantecart?  It seems that it might be well designed for your multi-locations.  You might need to make an adjustment for a shopper to choose the best location.

But that would allow you to set up inventory  tracking by location (great advantage for Store Pickup Items being in stock), you can even set up a different template and ordering parameters for each location, even different pricing if that's applicable in your model - all easily done by a master admin within the default store -  or sub-admins at any location or level via users and user groups.

If you've not looked into that as a solution - you might want to see if it would work for you.

Lee
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 11:22:41 PM by llegrand »