Author Topic: i need help with setting different shipping costs for different location  (Read 9840 times)

Offline dchizu

• View Profile
My shipping cost is based on distance of the shipping adress even within the same country. How do i set different shipping costs for the different states in my country? i would also like to know the dimensions for the homescreen banner ;), thanks also in the payment extension, i chose bank transfer and each time i test it and attempt to checkout, it says payment method required, how do i correct that?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:58:23 AM by dchizu »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
My shipping cost is based on distance of the shipping adress even within the same country. How do i set different shipping costs for the different states in my country? i would also like to know the dimensions for the homescreen banner ;), thanks also in the payment extension, i chose bank transfer and each time i test it and attempt to checkout, it says payment method required, how do i correct that?

There is several shipping methods in AbanteCart: FedEx, UPS, USPS etc see short manual

If You look how to edit Main page Banner Slideshow please read this manual.

About bank transfer: Do you have any errors in AbanteCart error log? Also please check bank transfer settings

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:19:43 AM by Basara »

Offline dchizu

• View Profile
I"m sorry to say but you didn't answer any of my questions
1. i need to give my graphics designer a dimension to help me create banners, that isn't included in the link you supplied
2. i am not using any of the shipping methods you suggested. I would be using flat rate but i would like to set different flat rates per state. i want to know how to go about that from my back end. would really appreciate helpful suggestions thank you!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
It is unclear to me exactly which banner you're asking about  but here's the info for the banner sliders - it has the sizes in there.

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,1067.msg4099.html#msg4099

If you are using the responsive design you will need to change the fixed banner for the small mobile screens it can be found and changed in the Design> Banner Manager  look for fallback

The admins will have to answer about the flat rate being assigned to with multiple rates in different locations -  I don't think the current flat rate does that.

Lee

Offline erictwendell

• View Profile
Even I am having similar problem :(

Offline fcbrasov1

• View Profile
Hello
How can i put a different shipping cost for different country's?
thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello
thanks

Hello.

Try Weight Based Shipping see post

Offline dchizu

• View Profile
Hello
thanks

Hello.

Try Weight Based Shipping see post

i purchased weight based shipping and i just found out its a waste of my money as it doesnt do anything i want. can someone at least develop something that would enable shipping fees allocation per state? i dont mind paying for it. somebody help!!! :'(

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
can someone at least develop something that would enable shipping fees allocation per state? i dont mind paying for it. somebody help!! :'(

Hello. Please check your store  and shipping method configurations.

Important to check Locations settings http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/localization/locations_and_taxes/locations_list.html
Shipping Method settings http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/ship_and_pay/enable_shipping.html
Check that your product have weight, weight class and enabled with Requires Shipping setting http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/catalog/products/edit.html
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:15:41 AM by Basara »

Offline pottsbr

• View Profile
I was looking for a solution to the same issue and found the answers on the forum equally useless, but I think I found a way to do it.  Sort of a work around.

You can apply tax to a location that you define, so a country or a state.  You can then define the tax as a % or a flat fee.  You can customize the description the buyer sees for the fee.

So, if I'm a US seller and I want to ship to Germany, I know Germany costs about $10 extra to ship to.  I create a Germany location and apply a Sale Tax to it of $10.  Then I edit the description of the fee to say International Shipping Rate to Germany.

It's not perfect, but does the job.

Offline pottsbr

• View Profile
Well, that didn't work.  It won't let me add a non-US location for the tax.  Might still work for different flat rate shipping to different states.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Well, that didn't work.  It won't let me add a non-US location for the tax.  Might still work for different flat rate shipping to different states.

First create new Location: for example Germany and add all zones (regions) to that location.
After that you can set shipping cost for all customer with Germany address in your Flat Rate extension