Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: SOLVED - Uploading large files to download section - PLEASE  (Read 21988 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Uploading large files to download section
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 05:36:21 PM »
memory upped to 196m and tried but bummed out after about 2/3 - error log
Downloaded for a while (it showed at least half done) and then stopped

wonder if changing memory limit to the 196m as the server side php.ini would help?
FWIW, the files uploading limitation is set by the php.ini file closest to the cart's php script doing upload. Most likely it is
~/public_html/AbanteCart/php.ini.    Do you also have /public_html/php.ini ?
sure do - changes I made to it:

magic_quotes_gpc = Off;
register_globals = Off;
default_charset   = UTF-8;
memory_limit = 196M; instead of the default 64m
max_execution_time = 18000;
max_upload_filesize = 600M; instead of 100m plus it corresponds with server side php.ini
safe_mode = Off;
mysql.connect_timeout = 20;
session.use_cookies = On;
session.use_trans_sid = Off;
session.gc_maxlifetime = 12000000;

Thank you once more - was sort of hoping that it would work by now. 

Do you know how to upload via FTP for downloadable products? 

Much appreciate you taking the time for me

All the best,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline junkyard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »
max_upload_filesize = 600M; instead of 100m plus it corresponds with server side php.ini
Take care the syntax there should be upload_max_filesize instead..

Also, based on  php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.post-max-size  reading, you should have
upload_max_filesize < post_max_size < memory_limit
e.g. you could try setting 600M < 650M < 700M for these three respectively.
But that will not help if your hosting provider has lower memory limit for your website themselves.

Do you know how to upload via FTP for downloadable products? 
Sorry, never used downloadable products feature before, and not planning.  Uploaded files are stored in  ~/public_html/resources/download  under different names, mapped to the cart's resources in database.  You could try placing your files there,  but then you will have to figure out the mapping (insert new rows in  both database tables manually?) -- try checking ab_downloads and ab_download_descriptions tables you will get the point.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 06:36:03 PM »
Thanks again - I'll get back to this one over the weekend - calling it a day for now, been at it since early morning and my ever so humble brainpower is fading on me! 

I really do appreciate all the feedback, thank you. 

All the best,
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2013, 04:55:47 PM »
Hey Ron,

If you're still fighting this issue -  I had a thought about a "back-door" approach that might work until a real solution arrives.
It's a play on Junkyard's suggestion on the FTP.  I think trying to figure out what all the system needs in the database is a bit involved as it looks like it moves across several tables in the database.

So what if you make a very small sized video,  name it the same as the real one you want to use will be named.
Go in and using the small video as the upload at this point, set up all the product listing functions and save the product.   

THEN,  using your FTP go find the fake video  which I believe is located 
public_html/(folder, if any)/resources/download/ ....they seem to assign a key number to a file,  and the file is within that
and replace the file with with the real video (remember the names need to be the same).

It might be worth a try to see if you've not solved it yet.

Lee

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »
Hi Lee,

Very interesting - makes total sense to upload the small zip file and replace it with the large one -- I'm just gonna see how the file is renamed when uploaded and then I'm good to go - simple and effective I think.  Good one! 

I'll test this out a bit later and will make the results known so if it works others may be able to get some help too. 

Thanks again Lee
Ron

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: Uploading large files to download section - PLEASE
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »
Good Day - I'm still having some issues with finding a solution to using the standard resource upload function from within AbanteCart. 

The server and script settings are all mentioned in detail above and all seems to be good BUT AbanteCart is still not uploading the complete file.  The only viable suggestion was made by llegrand who suggested uploading a small file and replacing it via FTP with the large file renamed accordingly - this I've yet to try but it would be so much more productive and easier if the script accommodated this function especially when all the settings are correct. 

Don't know if this is a bug or not but would greatly appreciate any assistance to get this running in the standard fashion. 

All the best to one and all!
Ron

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
Good Day - I'm still having some issues with finding a solution to using the standard resource upload function from within AbanteCart. 

You maybe have a server-side setting preventing you to upload larger files. Even if all htacess and php.ini settings are correct many hosting providers having their own rules and regulations to php scripts and memory usage.
For example memory_limit almost all webhosts have default values regarding the amount of memory you are allowed on your account.

Please check with your hosting company to get information about what configuration changes and maximum values are allowed for You.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Re: SOLVED - Uploading large files to download section - PLEASE
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 09:31:13 AM »
Good Morning Basara - no, that's not the problem as I use a VPS and the settings of memory and allowable upload size are far in excess - I upload files as large from other scripts with no problem - Joomla, Wordpress.  It is not a problem often but it will not work through the download section for some reason. 

Thank you and all the best,
Ron

Offline natdroid

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »

The server and script settings are all mentioned in detail above and all seems to be good BUT AbanteCart is still not uploading the complete file.  The only viable suggestion was made by llegrand who suggested uploading a small file and replacing it via FTP with the large file renamed accordingly - this I've yet to try but it would be so much more productive and easier if the script accommodated this function especially when all the settings are correct. 

Don't know if this is a bug or not but would greatly appreciate any assistance to get this running in the standard fashion. 

All the best to one and all!
Ron

This addon Downloads auto insert https://marketplace.abantecart.com/auto_downloads lets you quickly add downloads or add large downloads., you can simply upload them via FTP