Author Topic: I can't pay using PayPal on AbanteCart  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Eric

• View Profile
I can't pay using PayPal on AbanteCart
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:32:01 PM »
Hi Support,

I have AbanteCart set up on a website and when I try a test payment, it takes me to  the PayPal payment screen but kept saying my email address or password was incorrect when I tried to pay. However, I logged in to PayPay successfully on the PayPay site using same email address and password that was rejected from the AbanteCart store on the website. I need to sort this out or I'll have to try using OpenCart instead.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric

gordontaylor

Re: I can't pay using PayPal on AbanteCart
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
I'm not sure what setting you have wrong, but I'm sure it's something in the extension setup.

Which PayPal extension are you using?

And, just an FYI...threats to go to another cart will get you absolutely no where on this forum.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:00:59 PM »
I am using PayPal default-pp-standart. - There are two stores - one named after the site that the store is installed on and the default store. I set up both the same way. Do I have to use only one. Both are enabled. The person whose site I am doing has created a Standard PayPal Business Account, the email address for which I am using.

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
BTW, saying that I will try another cart is not a threat aimed at getting me anywhere on this forum, it is just a statement of fact. I need to get this working or that's what I will do. There is very little in the documentation on these settings which are far from self-explanatory.

gordontaylor

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
OK, point taken....patience is a appreciated

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 04:32:07 PM »
PayPal setting would same across all the carts. Double check credential that you use for PayPal
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

gordontaylor

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:43:16 PM »
Thanks for the clarity EC...I never use PP so I'm not familiar with it's parameters...

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 06:30:06 PM »
Thanks, guys. This is an excellent shopping cart. I looked at the settings for both the default store and the site store and found that I had not put in a minimum order number. I can now use PayPal. I will recommend AbanteCart to others, use it myself on other sites and make a donation. It was my fault not the cart's.

gordontaylor

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
Thanks Eric, always good to know it came out OK.