Author Topic: Downloads exipre date year 2034 - does not allow to set limit!`  (Read 8475 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
When putting up downloads the number of downloads allowed is fine and works great.  BUT no matter what I've tried the Expire Date (the length of time the download is available) is not configured. 

Initially the field is blank and when adding a number, say 4 so the download can be available for 4 days, then saving the field changes to  0000-00-00 00:00:00 - there is NO countdown and no effect on the download availability date -  the year 2034

Example:
Date Added: 14/03/2014
Expire Date: 09/03/2034 01:02

This happens when putting in a variable for length of time desired or not.  I add 3 screenshots showing the initial field, the filled in field and the resulting field after "save". 

This is a standard feature for many years of any cart that I've used and it is not working. 

I have brought this up before to no avail but we are now beginning to distribute more and more downloads and this in one of the issues with AC that I (maybe others as well) need to have addressed. 

Thank you for looking into this - the assistance to solve this is appreciated. 

All the best
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Downloads exipre date year 2034 - does not allow to set limit!`
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 10:01:41 AM »
Hello.
I can not replicate this issue in my AbanteCart 1.1.8 Do you have any error/warnings in error log?

If you have 'upgraded' AbanteCart can You please create new test download and check for same issue. I mean do you have this issue only with new downloads or with old (created before cart upgrade)?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:13:27 AM by Basara »

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »
Hello Basara,

Now that you mention it, I do have a long string of the same error message: 

2014-03-14 8:09:59 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 Warning: Accessing store with unconfigured or unknown domain ( 209.188.83.225/ ).
 Check setting of your store domain URL in System Settings . Loading default store configuration for now. in /home/blablablasecure/public_html/core/lib/config.php on line 169

This error actually just began to show up after upgrading to 1.1.8 - the store configuration has not changed nor has the IP address, since it's launching.  Other than that there are no other errors that I can see relating to the configuration of the expire date. 

When you insert a number into the "expire days" field what shows after saving that page? 

Thanks for the assistance. 

Ron

« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:22:00 AM by Basara »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »
Regarding error from log please check Store URL setting in the Admin-System-Settings-Details Tab.
When I insert 4 or any number to expire days fields after save shown the same (aka '4')

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 10:41:02 AM »
Thanks Basara,

I attach screen of the settings - they have not changed since the shop opened.  The error message began on 2/28 I believe, which is when I upgraded to 1.1.8 - how can I correct this error from showing up?  This was never an issue before as neither the URL nor the dedicated IP has changed. 

Regarding Downloads:

I still have the same problem with the expire field which changes to  0000-00-00 00:00:00 after inserting 4 into the field and then saving. 

You might try this to recreate the problem: 
Go to an existing download in the catalob > downloads section
enter 4 into the expire date - your receive a "save" option
afterwards go to the bottom of the page and click on "save" in that location and see if the field changes to 0000-00-00 00:00:00

Your thoughts please on what could be causing this problem? 

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 12:15:39 PM »
Basara - would clearing the cache at  system > cache management > Configuration (System and store configurations)  I am hesitant to try it, do you think that would help? 

Thank you

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 02:48:30 AM »
Basara - would clearing the cache at  system > cache management > Configuration (System and store configurations)  I am hesitant to try it, do you think that would help? 

Thank you

Hello. No, this is upgrade bug. I ask abolabo to find fix.

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 06:20:51 AM »
When putting up downloads the number of downloads allowed is fine and works great.  BUT no matter what I've tried the Expire Date (the length of time the download is available) is not configured. 

Initially the field is blank and when adding a number, say 4 so the download can be available for 4 days, then saving the field changes to  0000-00-00 00:00:00 - there is NO countdown and no effect on the download availability date -  the year 2034

Example:
Date Added: 14/03/2014
Expire Date: 09/03/2034 01:02

This happens when putting in a variable for length of time desired or not.  I add 3 screenshots showing the initial field, the filled in field and the resulting field after "save". 

This is a standard feature for many years of any cart that I've used and it is not working. 

I have brought this up before to no avail but we are now beginning to distribute more and more downloads and this in one of the issues with AC that I (maybe others as well) need to have addressed. 

Thank you for looking into this - the assistance to solve this is appreciated. 

All the best
Ron

Hi. i tried to replicate this bug and i can't.
I guess you have cause of partial upgrade.
to solve this issue you can :
1. look into install/upgrade history in menu system->logs and try to find message about some non-writable files.
2. try to replace files from folder "code" of this archive http://sourceforge.net/projects/abantecart/files/abantecart_1.1.8_upgrade_only.tar.gz/download
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 10:57:55 AM »
Greetings abolabo -

I checked the logs and there is message about non-writable files

downloaded the folder and overwrote all files contained in the "code" folder. 

There has been no change - see 2 screenshots from a test transaction of today after overwriting files. 

When adding a download I put the number 4 into the "expire date" field as explained below - upon hitting "save" at the bottom of the page still revers to all 0000-00-00 etc.

There do not seem to be any other problems other than the expire date being 20 years in the future.  The number of downloads changes upon download. 

Thanks for your help
Ron

gordontaylor

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 12:07:20 AM »
OK Ron...there are two issues here...

Tonight I set up a download with absolutely no problems on a virgin 1.1.8 install. I was able to set the the expiration days and it stayed what I set it to when I saved.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Next I went to another install that I have that is an upgraded version of 1.1.7 and the error you're having was duplicated to in every detail.
Lee was also able to duplicate this on an upgraded install.
So you're not crazy! The upgrade is corrupted!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm going to communicate this to the admins in a private message, referencing this thread

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »
Thanks much Gordon - you just stopped a new version of "The Shining" from being produced! 

Spoke with Lee about this too.

Thanks much Gordon

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 08:33:25 AM »
yes.. it's a bug of upgrade package. i fixed it.
To fix it manually need to run sql
Code: [Select]
alter table `ac_downloads` modify column `expire_days` int(11) null default null;
where ac_ - is your database tables prefix !
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 09:20:51 AM »
Greetings - this fixed the issue I was having, thanks much abolabo and gordontaylor

All the best,
Ron