Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: checkout confirmation won't add potage  (Read 7014 times)

Offline Craig

• View Profile
checkout confirmation won't add potage
« on: June 20, 2012, 05:10:01 AM »
when i throw a few items in the cart and get to checkout confirmation it will show me the contents and individual prices but no combined total and no postage. The postage and combined total is showing on the small shopping cart icon but not on the main checkout page before confirmation.

I'm also getting about 11 warnings for different language definitions "text_confirm" is absent for english, "text_apply" "text_save_edit" etc etc? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: checkout confirmation won't add potage
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
We are looking into this and will include in the next version next week.

Regarding language warnings.

There are times where translations are missing and default values are used. We will check these once too.

Keep in mind that you can add/edit missing text definition and these warnings will never be seen again. These was done intentional to warn users of possible missing text or translations.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 10:05:54 AM »
when i throw a few items in the cart and get to checkout confirmation it will show me the contents and individual prices but no combined total and no postage. The postage and combined total is showing on the small shopping cart icon but not on the main checkout page before confirmation.

I'm also getting about 11 warnings for different language definitions "text_confirm" is absent for english, "text_apply" "text_save_edit" etc etc? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello.
Please replace two files that attached in pathes:
public_html/storefront/controller/pages/checkout/confirm.php
public_html/storefront/view/default/template/pages/checkout/confirm.tpl

about messages. Could you post extensions list that enabled in you abantecart?
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Hi, thanks for the two files, the shopping cart is adding the postage to the total now,  but I have also noticed if you have two or more items in the cart the postage still disappears at checkout, it’s ok with one item.

Also when i do a test order it won’t appear in the admin/sales/orders page but  it does come up in the message manager as a “notice” warning telling me there is an order but no specific details of the order

here are the language definition warnings I am getting.

Language definition "text_stars" is absent for "English"
Language definition "text_apply" is absent for "English"
Language definition "text_save_edit" is absent for "English"
Language definition "text_confirm" is absent for "English
Language definition "button_continue" is absent for ""
Language definition "column_image" is absent for ""
Language definition "text_fax" is absent for "English"
Language definition "text_repeats" is absent for ""
Language definition "text_date" is absent for ""
Language definition "text_show" is absent for ""

Thanks again for all your hard work on this project. The admin side is great for a non techie like me, it really makes life a lot easier. I'm really looking forward to getting my shop up and running when these small problems are worked out.

Cheers

Craig

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 11:34:02 AM »
Thank you. We are working on checking these issues and adding them to the next release.

Please note about shipping. Some shipping methods do not show if product weight, dimensions conditions are not met. For example:
Say you have USPS, but your total product weight/dimension is larger than minimum for the services that you have set with USPS. In this case USPS shipping method will not show. In case, you have only 1 USPS method enabled, there will be no shipping method at all. User will get an error.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help