Author Topic: Couple language file not change  (Read 14057 times)

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Couple language file not change
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 12:38:58 PM »
Imean when i translate my computer that and try to change UTF-8 not site i am not send that yet ftp only when i try change that phpDesinger.
I am sorry, but I do not understand what you said.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline DarkWarder

• View Profile
    • MyyntiNurkka, MeetingMeToday
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
Imean when i translate my computer that and try to change UTF-8 not site i am not send that yet ftp only when i try change that phpDesinger.
I am sorry, but I do not understand what you said.

I have phpDesinger 8 what i use when i translate something okay, and now is 3 file what not want change UTF-8 and i need file is windows and UTF-8 like File format windows and File encoding UTF-8
and then i save file but when i open that same file again there File format is Unix and File encoding ANSI like that was before do you understand what i mean

Common folder:
file: ant.xml

desing folder:

file: layout.xml
file: template.xml

Report folder:

file: viewed.xml

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 03:03:27 PM »
I am sorry, I am not familiar with phpDesinger. 
You need to make sure you use the same encoding as on original AbanteCart files. Look into Russian for instance. Text is in UTF-8
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline DarkWarder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:16 AM »
I am sorry, I am not familiar with phpDesinger. 
You need to make sure you use the same encoding as on original AbanteCart files. Look into Russian for instance. Text is in UTF-8

I use orginal abanteCart files and that same hapent if i use notebad too and i translate english language for finnish

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:30 AM »
I mean when that couple file not Encoding UTF-8 my computer when i translate and try to change format windows and encoding UTF-8 and when i save and open again that file there is windows/ANSI not UTF-8.

And Abantecart not delete any language_descriptions do i need to do that then?
i check that language_descriptions but not find that phpmyadmin i find only this language_definitions

Maybe you editor use incorrect encoding by default. Also there is possible issues if you edit in windows and then upload to Linux (a lot of hosting providers use Linux) see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2466728/windows-to-linux-utf-8-file

Try to play with encoding settings in different editors like Notepad++ or Adobe Dreamweawer.
Please note after you change encoding write something in your language then save. Also try to use Built-in text editor in hosting cpanel

One more thing - sometimes php - UTF-8 works on hosting A but not on hosting B  :-\ So a lot of things can cause issues

Offline DarkWarder

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 10:57:04 AM »
I mean when that couple file not Encoding UTF-8 my computer when i translate and try to change format windows and encoding UTF-8 and when i save and open again that file there is windows/ANSI not UTF-8.

And Abantecart not delete any language_descriptions do i need to do that then?
i check that language_descriptions but not find that phpmyadmin i find only this language_definitions

Maybe you editor use incorrect encoding by default. Also there is possible issues if you edit in windows and then upload to Linux (a lot of hosting providers use Linux) see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2466728/windows-to-linux-utf-8-file

Try to play with encoding settings in different editors like Notepad++ or Adobe Dreamweawer.
Please note after you change encoding write something in your language then save. Also try to use Built-in text editor in hosting cpanel

One more thing - sometimes php - UTF-8 works on hosting A but not on hosting B  :-\ So a lot of things can cause issues

Okay, but how you how do you explain that all other files will change, but not these 3 files?