Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: CSV Products Upload  (Read 13275 times)

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
CSV Products Upload
« on: March 30, 2014, 08:18:50 PM »
Hello Guys

First id like to say welcome and this is my first post and i will list my issues below in numbers so its easier to follow as i am new to AbanteCart so here if goes.

1, Is there any video's on how to upload a product's CSV file the correct way.

2, I cannot seem to get the SEO url's working correctly even after i edited the .htaccess.txt?

3, How do you edit the 4 icons on the home page under the main scrolling banner that has Free Shipping, Easy Payment etc etc there if indeed i am allowed to do this since it's the default theme in version 1.1.8

Many Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CSV Products Upload
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 02:34:36 AM »
Hello Guys

First id like to say welcome and this is my first post and i will list my issues below in numbers so its easier to follow as i am new to AbanteCart so here if goes.

Hello. Here short manual about CSV export/import in AbanteCart

2, I cannot seem to get the SEO url's working correctly even after i edited the .htaccess.txt?
First make sure Apache module mod-rewrite installed on your server (ask hosting provider). Then rename the htaccess.txt file to .htaccess   
Next You need to enable SEO url in Admin-System-Settings

3, How do you edit the 4 icons on the home page under the main scrolling banner that has Free Shipping, Easy Payment etc etc there if indeed i am allowed to do this since it's the default theme in version 1.1.8
Here is answer

Please use forum search almost all questions already answered

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:50:34 AM »
Welcome Twobad. Thank you  Basara  ;)
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
Hello Basara

Thanks for the quick reply on this matter here all matters have been looked at apart from  .htaccess files as i have more than 1 of them so please see attached link for image screencast.com/t/xLo5JSHc

Can someone provide the correct help on this as i don't want to touch these files in case someone goes wrong there.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:57 AM »
Hello Basara

Thanks for the quick reply on this matter here all matters have been looked at apart from  .htaccess files as i have more than 1 of them so please see attached link for image screencast.com/t/xLo5JSHc

Can someone provide the correct help on this as i don't want to touch these files in case someone goes wrong there.

Thanks

Hi. I see two files
.htaccess.
.htaccess.txt

SEO URL will work only with .htaccess (NOT .htaccess. so please remove dot  )

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:09 AM »
Hello

I have done that and now i get the below error.

Not Found

The requested URL /android-tablets was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any idea's now?

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 10:13:40 AM »
Hello

I have done that and now i get the below error.

Not Found

The requested URL /android-tablets was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any idea's now?

Thanks

Make sure you .htaccess file is NOT empty (use original .htaccess.txt )

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 10:19:56 AM »
Hello Basara

Yep that was the problem as the file was empty.....lol thanks for the great support and quick replies it is a god send as they say because i was not waiting days for a reply.

Is there any CSV experts out there who have uploaded products into AbanteCart without any problems to help me out please?

Thanks

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 07:02:20 AM »
Hello Admin/Anyone

Is it possible that someone can format my CSV file so we are able to upload our products into AbanteCart i don't mind paying for this? I would also like to ask if you are able to use image url's in the CSV file for product images point to another site or do they need to be installed/uploaded on my server.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
Hello Admin/Anyone

Is it possible that someone can format my CSV file so we are able to upload our products into AbanteCart i don't mind paying for this? I would also like to ask if you are able to use image url's in the CSV file for product images point to another site or do they need to be installed/uploaded on my server.

Thanks

Hello. You need to upload images via ftp or hosting file manager and update paths in CSV file. See my post before there was a link to documentation with examples.

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 09:30:08 AM »
Hello Basara

So can you confirm then can i use images loaded from another server or do they have to be on mine as before i use AbanteCart our CSV file use to have a image url pointing to our supplier website.

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 10:06:09 AM »
Hello Guys

Hello. Here short manual about CSV export/import in AbanteCart

Please read manual. There example and detailed info about images. FTP mean `You can not use URL`. You need upload images to the server where installed AbanteCart

Offline Twobad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
Hello Basara

Is there not another way to do this because we have over 1400 products and each product contains al least 4 images so you do the maths there. If there is no other way where we can point the image url to our suppliers site from within the CSV file then it cannot work because we don't have the product images in a zip file but only in the CSV file itself.

If there is no other solution to this issue then i am afraid i may have to go back to prestashop or opencart which i don't want to do since i bought some of your other mods today for my site to support you guys?

Thanks

gordontaylor

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 11:19:40 PM »
I know what you mean twobad, I had over 3,000 products to add...it's time consuming.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 04:45:13 AM »
Hello Basara

Is there not another way to do this because we have over 1400 products and each product contains al least 4 images so you do the maths there. If there is no other way where we can point the image url to our suppliers site from within the CSV file then it cannot work because we don't have the product images in a zip file but only in the CSV file itself.

If there is no other solution to this issue then i am afraid i may have to go back to prestashop or opencart which i don't want to do since i bought some of your other mods today for my site to support you guys?

Thanks

Hello. I am agree with You: images URL support will be much faster. Hope this will be added to AbanteCart roadmap.

But still you can try to import images with CSV
1. Create one product in AbanteCart with all needed filled data (3-4 images, prices, names, descriptions.... etc)
2. Export this product in CSV
3. Use this product as example and fill data for all your products (Note: skip 'product_id' column if no id system will insert products as new)
4. For images:
  a. download your images (a lot of free tools for this I use 'Download Master' - when You copy URLs in Excel (Ctrl+C in Windows OS) and open Download master it ask you to confirm download all of them in few clicks)
 b. upload downloaded images via FTP to some folder on new server like ..../resources/image/somefolder/
 c. in CSV file you need to update image path to resource easy way is 'search and replace'
for example you have 3000 products with similar image URLs like
http:// www .abantecart.com/templates/abantecart/images/product2image1.png
http:// www .abantecart.com/templates/abantecart/images/product2image2.png
http:// www .abantecart.com/templates/abantecart/images/product2image3.png
http:// www .abantecart.com/templates/abantecart/images/product3image1.png
so You need to search for 'http:// www .abantecart.com/templates/abantecart/images/' and replace with '/resources/image/somefolder/'
this action in few sec covert all http:// www .abantecart.com/templates/abantecart/images/product2image1.png to /resources/image/somefolder/product2image1.png

Please BACKUP your AbanteCart database before import