Author Topic: seo urls  (Read 5392 times)

Offline mikeb

• View Profile
seo urls
« on: March 31, 2014, 01:28:44 PM »
Have renamed to .htaccess and set seo urls in backend but not all urls are seo'd
Store logo /index.php?rt=index/home
Specials /index.php?rt=product/special
Login /index.php?rt=account/login
/index.php?rt=content/contact
etc
Have found where to generate new urls for About Us, Shipping, Privacy, Returns and for products and categories

Have confirmed with hosting company that everything is set correctly. See below.

"Hello Mike,

I have confirmed that the mod_rewrite module is already enabled in the server. Please see the details for your reference at the end of this mail.

Can you please let me know the URLs that is not working? I have checked with the website designerbagstore com and can see that the SEO URLs are working fine.

Please also contact abantecart support and if there is anything to be set from here, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Alisha
============
root@l5vuk [/home/specials/public_html/designerbagstore com]# httpd -l |grep mod_rewrite
mod_rewrite.c
============ "
"Hello Mike,

Thank you for your update. I can see the issue now. However, I have confirmed that you have met with the requirements of SEO URLs in abantecart as per the following link - abantecart com/ecommerce-documentation/50-admin-user-manual/system/settings

Can you please contact their support team, and let us know if there is anything further to be set from here?

Regards,
Alisha "

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: seo urls
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 04:49:33 PM »
Are you sure your RewriteBase is set right?

Code: [Select]
# 3. Edit file .htaccess. If abantecart is installed in yourdomain/ subfolder change configuration line  RewriteBase /  to  RewriteBase /subfolder/.
# Example:  yourdomain.com/store   use RewriteBase/store/
# Important to have / at the end of the line.

# 4. if htaccess and mode_rewrite still does not works - check and set apache2 webserver directive AllowOverride All for your virtual hosts
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline mikeb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:22:42 AM »
Its not in a sub folder
BTW, i checked the sites in the Feedback on my Store section of the forum, they are all showing similar non seo urls for Login etc
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 03:36:48 AM by mikeb »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 09:56:20 AM »
There is no SEO for account pages. Why would you need that? You can create a manual rewrite if you need that
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline mikeb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 12:48:14 PM »
In which case why not mention before, as i had posted
Store logo /index.php?rt=index/home
Specials /index.php?rt=product/special
Login /index.php?rt=account/login
/index.php?rt=content/contact
etc

Not really bothered about most but find it odd that the logo is not just linked to the home page

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 06:13:02 PM »
Sorry, I did not notice