Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Orders made, completed but transactions are 0  (Read 5844 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Orders made, completed but transactions are 0
« on: April 01, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Good Day All,

I have orders placed and paid for - in the customer dashboard and also in the admin panel the customer shows as having ordered BUT the transactions show zero

Can anyone enlighten me as to what's wrong? 

Much appreciated
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Orders made, completed but transactions are 0
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 06:06:09 PM »
Transactions do not store anything related to orders unless you refund the order and apply refund to customer's account balance.
Transactions only reflect activity on the customer balance side.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
This may simply be a language misunderstanding.  Since "transaction" would refer to the synonyms deal, business deal, undertaking, arrangement, bargain, negotiation, agreement, settlement then it may be prudent to rename that as refund/returns so the customer does not misunderstand when accessing their dashboard -- just a constructive thought. 

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. 

Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
I think there was explanation for this. I will check. By transaction we mean customer account transactions. If order paid in full, as current default functionality, there is nothing to be on transaction it balances out .
In event someone need to do partial payment or over payment, the difference can be recorded in transaction. 

Theoretically, we can record transactions for every order, but I think it might be unnecessary. This is open for customization or discussion if required to be in the core.
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »
Hi Abantecart - It's not a big thing, just when I look at the term I think of something else - I'd suggest maybe renaming it to refunds and returns - would it not still do the same thing or is it a large core change?  I understand how it works now that you explain it, hence the suggestion but I'm sure there are more important things to work on in core than that. 

Thanks again and all the best
Ron

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »
Ron,

This is not just a refund. Transactions are used for RMA, Reward points and other.

I will think of renaming.