Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How to get support for Algozone Gift Certificates Extension?  (Read 7096 times)

Offline chas84

• View Profile
How to get support for Algozone Gift Certificates Extension?
« on: April 03, 2014, 05:41:14 AM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for a super shopping cart script!

I can't seem to get a response from the people at Algozone - not sure if they are active on this board or not and would appreciate if anybody could perhaps assist me.

I emailed them yesterday as well as today (yesterday was for some pre-sales questions), and today for extension problems.

The main issue is that the balance does not show in the customer's account, but in the admin section it does show.

Then I also have a few more questions...  But hope to get the balance issue sorted out first.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to get support for Algozone Gift Certificates Extension?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:59:32 AM »
The main issue is that the balance does not show in the customer's account, but in the admin section it does show.

Hello. This is not an issue because the remainder of certificate will stay on the certificate's balance.
This is because AbanteCart have Guest checkout so we can not store gift certificate balance on customer balance in this case (When Guest checkout no account created). Also some times gift certificate owner can forget about created account and use Guest checkout instead of Registered user's checkout process

Offline chas84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
Thanks @Basara.  Now that you explain it it makes pretty good sense.

Do you know if it is possible to:
1.)  Display 4 denominations of vouchers as "products", and have these vouchers displayed as "featured" or similar on the home page?
2.)  Is it possible to discount these vouchers.  Example if I want to offer a $100 for sale for $50?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 02:39:23 AM »
Thanks @Basara.  Now that you explain it it makes pretty good sense.

Do you know if it is possible to:
1.)  Display 4 denominations of vouchers as "products", and have these vouchers displayed as "featured" or similar on the home page?
2.)  Is it possible to discount these vouchers.  Example if I want to offer a $100 for sale for $50?

Hello. Hmmm there is no way to do this in simple way using extension but You can do the following
1. Create new product in Admin-Catalog-Product with name `Gift Certificate 100 USD` with 100USD price and set it to be Featured and add specials price if needed
2. Next on the product edit page go to Options Tab and Create several new required options with Element Type INPUT:
From Name
From E-Mail
For Name
For E-Mail
This will force customer to fill required fileds before checkout. After order confirmed this details will be in Admin-Sales-Order detail page

3. After someone purchase this product you should manually create Gift Certificate Amount 100 USD in admin-Sales-Gift Certificate with new  (From Name/From E-Mail/For Name/For E-Mail) details and send email manually with Gift Certificate code

Hope this way help You.

Another way is to modify extension some how to attach gift code to product and send email automatically after order with Gift Cetificate Product set to Completed.

Offline chas84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 03:29:05 AM »
Thanks @Basara.  What a pity... would have been great if these "features" were standard with the extension.  Algozone really should put up a demo site so that one can see exactly what can be done with their extension.

Is there a way to set an expiry date for gift vouchers?

Maybe Algozone should have a look at the extension again and somehow "combine" it with the standard coupon extension.  Only reason I'm not using the coupon extension is because the balance isn't kept on record.