Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Customer checkout as guest  (Read 4520 times)

Offline rosarymau

• View Profile
Customer checkout as guest
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:11:31 AM »
Hi, I am really impressed with this cart so far. I am in the process of migrating from cube cart. The main reason is that customers who have registered with the site can not then checkout as a guest using the same e mail address. They get an error message "that e mail is already being used". We believe their password is then disrupted so they can not log in. Cube cart have not been able to do anything about this and we are loosing business. I am now concerned that we may have the same problem with AbanteCart cart. My basic question is, if a registered customer wants to checkout as guest using the same e mail, can they do so? I am stopping the work on migration at the moment hoping the answer to this is yes and we can go ahead.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Customer checkout as guest
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:28 AM »
My basic question is, if a registered customer wants to checkout as guest using the same e mail, can they do so? I am stopping the work on migration at the moment hoping the answer to this is yes and we can go ahead.

Answer is Yes.
Anyway you can install AbanteCart and check this before migration. If You have Softaculous in your hosting cpanel the installation takes about 1 minute

Offline rosarymau

• View Profile
Re: Customer checkout as guest
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:09:50 AM »
Fantastic! Many thanks!