Author Topic: RESOLVED: Menu disappeared - no changes on site - error log entry included  (Read 4609 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Greetings - this morning my site has no menu - it was okay yesterday but now there is only Home showing none of the categories - see image. 

Log file shows:

2014-04-07 11:02:44 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.8 Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in <b>/home/mahamaya/public_html/storefront/controller/blocks/category.php</b> on line <b>176</b>

Need to fix ASAP, putting in maintenance mode in the meantime so nobody access the site - can somebody please assist? 

Thanks
Ron
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:51:50 PM by buddahboy »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Based on your warning, all categories are no longer present.

Couple things that could happen:

1. Cache got corrupted.
Solution: Try to clear cache in admin and categories will be reloaded from database.

2. Categories got deleted from your database:
Check in admin if you see categories
Solution: Restore categories from backup

3. Your database got corrupted
Solution: Contact your hosting company

Possibly something else, but it will needs to be investigated.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Thank you abantecart - was indeed the cache and is fixed just now so we're good to go - - guess I should have done that first but was freaked out a bit, you know how it is, no? 

Appreciate your assistance
All the best
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Strange. Do you remember what operations you did before you noticed this?

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Was just that way when accessing the site.  Did nothing actually but I'll keep an eye out on the error log and let you know if I see something. 

Thanks again - sorry for the false alarm

Ron