Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: banner images align left - need to align center  (Read 9120 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
banner images align left - need to align center
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:31 AM »
Greetings,

using AbanteCart 1.1.8 -- template: HTML5 -- URL http://www.omgrown.org/AbanteCart/  --  using block:  Banner Block (main page banner slider)

I have created some banners that I want to use and disabled the banners that are default in the banner block (using HTML5 template).  The banners work just fine except for one thing - I need them justified center and not left.  Looked all over to find setting but not able to get the right one - can someone assist please? 

Also want to hide the three little squares appearing on banner that indicate how many banners are in queue. 

Thanks much
Ron
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:56:16 AM by buddahboy »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

gordontaylor

Re: banner images align left - need to align center
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:04:14 PM »
Ron, are you modifying the text banner block? Or have you created a graphic banner?

Best to convert those, if you are using the text banner, to a graphic banner so it will be responsive.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:21:22 PM »
Hi Gordon,

Used graphic banner and then tried text - the graphic works good but still on the left -- how to get rid of the little blocks as well - they show up on the left side of banner to show how many are in line? 

Thanks much
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

gordontaylor

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:27 PM »
I'll look into the CSS, I'll bet the issue is there. The text banners rely on CSS for positioning, but are not responsive enough. I'll post a new reply when I've got the fix.

I also have a site I'm building, using graphic banners http://bigzbeverages.com/ and thanks to your heads up, I noticed they're slightly off center also.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:55:35 PM by gordontaylor »

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:28:06 PM »
I have been successful in most part but still need to remove the gradient over the banners - posted a different thread as the center part is solved.  See screenshot or URL: www.VishwaGifts.com

Thanks Gordon
Ron

gordontaylor

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
Ron,

That shadow is an image called in the one-by-one css file.

Line 139 same place as the background color. Just eliminate this statement

Code: [Select]
url(../image/banner_shadow.png) center top no-repeat

Leave the ; and the } there and the shadow will be gone.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »
Thank you Gordon, appreciate it - total solution my friend - I'm grateful. 

All the best
Ron