Author Topic: Can I edit/modify the message of Maintenance page  (Read 5000 times)

Offline doublethree

• View Profile
Can I edit/modify the message of Maintenance page
« on: April 19, 2014, 07:19:40 AM »
I been spending a lot of time on this to look for the easy way to modify the message of the Maintenance page without take away the <div ><?php echo $message; ?></div> from maintenance.tpl. Can anyone help on this? thanks!

Offline nigelt

• View Profile
Re: Can I edit/modify the message of Maintenance page
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
The maintenance message I think is in storefront\language\english\maintenance.xml

Offline doublethree

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:59:18 PM »
Thank you so much for the info ;)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 05:19:35 PM »
doubletree -  you can also change the layout on the Maintenance Page

You find it under Design > Layouts  on the left column select Maintanance page  (yes I know it's misspelled but you'll get use to that on the cart :)

That will allow you to add blocks,  enable your contact info if you wish -  etc.

A fast way to get to the xml blocks is to go to System > Localization > Language Definitions
if you know partially what you're looking for as in this case   maintenance ,  just type it in one of the fields at the top - like the translation and enter -  it will bring up all the xml files that use that term.

In this case it is the index_maintenance   Text Message   click on the edit icon on the right and you will be where you can easily edit.

This is a preferred method rather than working in the code files -  this way it stays in place thru version updates.

Lee
Just another happy Abantecart user!

Offline doublethree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 07:10:32 AM »
doubletree -  you can also change the layout on the Maintenance Page

You find it under Design > Layouts  on the left column select Maintanance page  (yes I know it's misspelled but you'll get use to that on the cart :)

That will allow you to add blocks,  enable your contact info if you wish -  etc.

A fast way to get to the xml blocks is to go to System > Localization > Language Definitions
if you know partially what you're looking for as in this case   maintenance ,  just type it in one of the fields at the top - like the translation and enter -  it will bring up all the xml files that use that term.

In this case it is the index_maintenance   Text Message   click on the edit icon on the right and you will be where you can easily edit.

This is a preferred method rather than working in the code files -  this way it stays in place thru version updates.

Lee
Just another happy Abantecart user!

Thank you so much! This is much more easier! :D
Appreciated it! :)