Author Topic: Calendar and/ or events  (Read 3581 times)

Old Fossil

Calendar and/ or events
« on: April 19, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »
Is there a possibility of our adding an events section to the shopping cart so potential customers know where they can see us in person?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Calendar and/ or events
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
You can easily add pages to your cart -  Design > Content

Take a look at this cart to see an idea:

http://www.loveisreal-believe.com/events-calendar

I know you're pretty new to the cart Old Fossil,  but a few minutes reading the documentation  - there's a link at the bottom of every Admin page and here to:
http://docs.abantecart.com

It really is time well spend to see what the cart can do.

On some of my carts I replace the testimonials that run on the footer area with Events Listing that are upcoming in the next 3 -4 weeks- and link to an events page with a longer  calendar list.

Hope this gives you some solutions - that will work for you.

Lee
Just another happy Abantecart user!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:49:46 AM by Basara »

Old Fossil

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:04:19 PM »
Thanks.  :)

I'm more used to forums (smf too) than ecommerce sites.

Another thing I'm looking into is bulk orders ie a customer purchases 3 items but of different categories 9 ie all birthday cards but different family members).

I sell them for 40p each or 3 for £1. Can this be done.

Thanks again for the help.

I'm finding AbanteCart easy to work with already.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:00:36 AM by Old Fossil »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »
as to your pricing issue -  I saw that on another post - and that is the preferred way - one topic per post thread -  makes it easier to search for things, too.

I don't have a satisfactory solution for you, least not yet.  Was hoping someone else was doing something similar and would answer.  I can't seem to make it work on the out of the box Abantecart.   These is an extension  called Flexy Promotions that might work,  but I have no first hand knowledge of it.  Perhaps if you make a post asking that specific question would get you an answer.

Lee

Old Fossil

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »
Lee

Ya right considering the one topic per post. I should thought about this being a former community support helper myself.

* Old Fossil considers himself told off

Later today I will be swapping the current ecommerce I am using for AbanteCart Cart.

Still a few pieces of the puzzle missing though but I expect they will soon iron out.