Author Topic: Global attributes advanced  (Read 5589 times)

Offline popustda

• View Profile
Global attributes advanced
« on: April 29, 2014, 08:15:38 AM »
Hello,
I need help with configuring global attributes so that if someone buys more then 1pc to be able to choose colors or anyother value for first and second piece
So far i can add options for one item but i cant figure how to config it for more then 1pc?

if buy 2pcs , now my customer can choose only 1 color

Thanks

Offline popustda

• View Profile
Re: Global attributes advanced
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 05:08:29 PM »
anyone?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Global attributes advanced
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:44:53 PM »
i think what you are asking for is incorrect.  First -  an item as a unit -  with a type,  a size and a color,  probably one sku also.

Your customer can order multiples of the unit -  say 3 of t--shirts, L, Red

If customer wants to order t-shirt red in small,  t-shirt red in med,  t-shirt red in large,  that is 3 separate units  and requires 3 separate "add to cart clicks" to purchase all three.

First you can set your options to do what you're asking about.  Secondly -  it is an accounting and packing nightmare to handle your customers orders CORRECTLY.

I shop online at large and small shops,  big box stores, etc  and this is the way it is done.   Multiples of one  unique item,  is okay.
multiple of items in different sizes are different selections on the cart and need to be separate line items on the invoice.

A red shirt is a different item than a green shirt it should require two actions on your customers part.

Lee