Author Topic: Cart Migration and Picture Questions  (Read 7547 times)

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Cart Migration and Picture Questions
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »
Now that I have the install resolved I need to migrate the files from my Magento cart. I do not see Magento listed as one of the carts in the drop down.

What else can I do to migrate this so I don't have to do it all again by hand.

As for pictures I see you can have multiple. This is our existing mobile site: m.kleinerts.com. It is terrible and no flexibility. We can only have one picture per item which blows.

Aside from multiple pictures we want to know if pictures can be large? What is the recommended size for pictures when it comes to mobile phones?

Thank you

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Cart Migration and Picture Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:56:19 PM »
Unfortunately, we do not have migration from Magento yet. You can sponsor development if you want. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:10:27 PM »
I found out earlier. Magento can export to a CSV though. Is that supported?

Also what about the picture size?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:50:06 AM »

Hello. To use CSV import/export go to Admin-System-Data-Import & Export
Picture sizes depending on your settings in admin see Admin-System-Settings-Appearance Tab

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 11:02:17 AM »
Hello again. I want to thank everyone for all their support so far.

I want to repeat again what we are needing. I am to use AbanteCart only for a mobile site and nothing more. Perhaps in the future I can look at it for a desktop website but not now.

I have been successful in getting the admin working and setup for the most part and I added one product. Since I cannot import from Magento which is a bummer I face a large task manually inputting one by one 150+ products. I really do not want to do this as I am the webmaster here and all alone.

Our main website www.kleinerts.com which also needs a makeover uses ecommercetemplates.com system as the backend. I have a MOD installed there that allows me to export the categories and products. I did export to CSV and tried to import here I also did this from Magento and during the upload progress (I made sure to click test) I always get an error. Something about a table error.

Is there any other way to import all if not most of the products instead of 1 x 1. So far this is the only frustrating aspect for me about the cart.

I am reading up on how to rearrange blocks which is a bit confusing but I will figure it out.

Finally. If you go to this website which was sent to me thru here yesterday: http://mattkersley.com/responsive/ and then paste in the form field - http://m.kleinerts.com/test/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=1

You will get a preview of what I did. Click on Devices radio button at top right. Look at iPhone. It does not look bad but still could be a bit better formatted.

Is there way to control widths for pictures, verbiage, etc? What if besides the description and review tabs I wanted a tab for product videos. Can this be done?

Once again thanks to all and hopefully my situation can help others as well.

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
Ok sorry. I did see the appearance section and I can change the values there.

Thanks

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 12:34:52 PM »
I have attached here the error I get when importing CSV file. Hopefully this can help

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:43:21 AM »

Hello. To use CSV import/export go to Admin-System-Data-Import & Export
Picture sizes depending on your settings in admin see Admin-System-Settings-Appearance Tab

Please follow the Import & Export manual link provided. You can not just export from Magento and import to AbanteCart because .csv file format doesn't mean same data and structure. After You export from Magento open csv file and copy required data to AbanteCart .csv file (products name, descriptions etc)
The best way to get AbanteCart scv file example  - try to export from AbanteCart admin or use example files attached to the Import & Export manual

Offline aiswarjya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 05:58:14 AM »
i want to migrate my abantecart 1.2.2 to 1.2.5 version so how can i .we have 10k products.
i want to migrate my cart from 1.2.2 to latest version 1.2.5
i want to transfer all my database to there .So give me the all process.  how can i.Admin please give me the solution .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 06:03:17 AM by aiswarjya »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 08:06:52 AM »
I am not part of admin or development staff (just a fellow user), but to upgrade to the latest version, you MUST upgrade by every point release.  This means to go from 1.2.2 to 1.2.5, you need to first go from 1.2.2 -> 1.2.3, then -> 1.2.4 then -> 1.2.5.

My advice has always been to setup a test environment first.  It is well worth the time and try your upgrade there first.  If you have made any changes at all to the system (which probably everyone has...), you will need to redo those changes.  My method is to just download the upgrade only package, then look through and compare all the new updated files with core and your existing files/changes...

After finding the differences, re-apply all those changes (it helps to have good documentation) again to the new updated files.

Depending on how much you have customized, you can decide if doing an upgrade is "easier" vs. just trying to export all the data and re-import to the new version.  (All that will depend on what skillsets you have and how comfortable you are with databases/abantecart/systems admin stuff).