Author Topic: quantiy in decimals  (Read 5160 times)

Offline mrsberggren

• View Profile
quantiy in decimals
« on: May 01, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »
I'll sell fabrics and want to be able to sell quantities by decimeter based on a price /meter (basicly, price is 10 euro for 1 meter, minimum to order is 0,1 dm) I modified the code  according to what I found here in the forum so that I can purchase an article for 1.5 in quantity, but the price is still going as 1, and if I order 0.5 I get an error message that says my basket is empty. Does anyone know if you can change this in any way?

B.rgds Jennie

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: quantiy in decimals
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:05:51 AM »
what about price for minimal unit of product? i mean price for 1dm instead 1meter.
Abantecart uses integer as quantity for all products... and all your attempt to change php-code will be unsuccessful.. database will round quantity before write.

also.. you can regulate quantity of product with it's options.. for ex base price is for 1dm, but you have option with minimum quantity 10dm and price as for 10.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline mrsberggren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »
thats the problem i guess, i need the price to be in meter :( guess ill have to look at another solution then :(

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
I think your issue may be an issue with most carts -  it is unusual to allow an order to be a partial unit of any product.  I think you will have to rethink your unit pricing.

As abolabo suggested you could price your yardage  to one euro per dm   which is equivalent pricing and let your customers order however dm they wish.  As in your example they would place an order for 15 for the 1.5

you could further assist your math impaired customers by placing order options box - to do the math for them, then they would just select one of the options .  Read the options section on page
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/31-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/products
for how options work

Offline MH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 06:56:25 AM »
I think your issue may be an issue with most carts -  it is unusual to allow an order to be a partial unit of any product.  I think you will have to rethink your unit pricing.

As abolabo suggested you could price your yardage  to one euro per dm   which is equivalent pricing and let your customers order however dm they wish.  As in your example they would place an order for 15 for the 1.5

you could further assist your math impaired customers by placing order options box - to do the math for them, then they would just select one of the options . 

This is a global market standards of trading fabric and we cannot change that so, the clients will just be confused when they see the prices per (Centimeter) this is very serious problem for selling such products and I advice to think twice about it.

Regards...

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 05:49:48 AM »
Hi Guys there!

The Writer is correct, in fabric business all people know price of 1 meter or 1 kg, but in the rolls the quantities different and always has decimals quantities. There is no prices in decimals and this is as a business of fabric, in other side we gonna get too long numbers in the calculations and on the screen which make it confused for clients. I suggest you really really think twice about fixing this issue because if someone gonna modify the files then will never upgrade to next versions because he could lost that modification of decimals.

I also need this to be fixed from Abantecart Team side otherwise we cannot do any sales on Abantecart.

I should say Abantecart completely very perfect done everything until now. so thank you so much Abantecart Team for your good job.

We still waiting your best. :D

God blessing you all...

Regards
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY