Author Topic: multiple brands for a single product  (Read 5221 times)

Offline Timberdragon

• View Profile
multiple brands for a single product
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:15:32 AM »
Is it possible to change a setting some where so i can have multiple brands for a single product?

The reason: I wish to replace brands with ingredients so a customer can select a ingredient and then it will display all items containing that item.

Is this possible or is this something that is hard coded into AbanteCart?

I would also like to thank you, i am helping a friend start a web based business with not much capital and this is the first Ecommerce solution that i have ever been able to actually understand! So thank you fromthe bottom of my heart!! If they make it big i will be sure that they return the favour ;)

In the mean time i'll just get them up and running lol.

Thanks for any help you can offer.  :D

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: multiple brands for a single product
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:05:53 AM »
Hello. Try to use tags for products

Offline Timberdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:10:09 AM »
ok each product has about 3 ingredients, ive added the ingredients as tags on each product but how can i make the brands slider search for tags instead?

Offline Timberdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
even small images in a banner slider would do, i just need to know how to search for tags i guess :-\

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:04:35 AM »
even small images in a banner slider would do, i just need to know how to search for tags i guess :-\

Hello.
All tags searchable see demo link product with tags on product page select Tags Tab and click on tags.

Also there are few interesting extensions like:

• Advanced Product Search And Result Filtering -  With this extension, customers can quickly search for products and filter result based on more specific information such as keyword, categories, brands, prices and product tags.
  • Product Features or Attributes -Product features can be used to show additional qualities and characteristics of the products such as size, shape, materials, and its functionalities and capabilities. Products features can be shown on the product details page, product search result and filtering. 

Hope this will help somehow

Offline Timberdragon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:17:11 AM »
Thank you for your help i have ended up just using a small picture with a search link and it works like a charm, it was the "All tags searchable" tip that gave me the clue.  :D