Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: multistore product link  (Read 10792 times)

yonghan

multistore product link
« on: May 08, 2014, 11:54:37 PM »
Hi,currently i'm testing the multistore.Suppose i have such store.

Store a as main store
Store b as new store

I assign products to store b,the question is  : is it possible show the product link in store a navigation menu without assign the product to store a?like this website : zalora dot co dot id.thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: multistore product link
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:37:18 AM »
no and yes - do you wish all the products in store A  to be exactly the same in store B?  I mean everything,  pricing, pics, quantity available.  If yes,  then you could use the same database for both stores.   Both stores would be identical in the products, the templates could be different.

But if you wish only some of store A products in store B  or want some to have a different price, etc then you need to setup the multistore in the manner as it is coded for.  It still runs on one database - but there are addtiional entries for each store so you can have the flexibility to manage each store totally.

There has to be a way to key the database to a particular storefront in order to give you the ability to manage each store separately.  Or the stores have to be identical in the the products showing.  That's what the store selection box is for.

There is a new multi-vendor store aspect coming out in the near future that may give you a solution in a bit different manner.
I do not have a launch date for it.

yonghan

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 01:20:09 AM »
Well,actually i would like to do this scheme :

Main Store
-Men Store
-Women Store

Main store has links to men and women store,but in main store also show some products from men and women store and links to the product.Can it be done by using multistore?I attach the picture that i would like to achieve.Thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 09:24:02 AM »
Yes,  I believe the multistore setup would work well for you and give you good flexibility for showing products in either store.

On multistore -  you cannot use subdirectory structure for the additional store.  You must use subDOMAIN  or separate domain
and point the document root of the multistore to the mail store location.

eg.  you setup your first store  - mainstore.com

then you make subdomains  men.mainstore.com   and women.mainstore.com

you can of course use a subdirectory within each of these if you wish -  so your files might be placed in mainstore.com/shop
and the same thing can be used in the subdomains.   So you can use root for the files or subdirectory.

Best  to just make a test run of your set up and see how it works.

Lee

yonghan

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:17 AM »
Thanks lee,i will try it.another question,is it possible to change banner for each store?thanks.hopefully there are complete docs for the multistore feature.thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 11:07:22 AM »
Yes,  that's really a great benefit of the multistore-  each store can have a completely different template (make womens pink, mens blue),  banners,  pricing, layout etc.   You select the "store" you wish to work on from within the admin panel and make your changes - those changes apply only to the selected store you are working in.

Link to the docs section on multistore
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/stores.html

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:17:01 AM by Basara »

yonghan

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »
I'll try again later,i  have set up new store but doesn't know where to change the banner for new store,currently only know how to set template for new store.thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 11:42:47 AM »
documentation link for banner manager

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/banner_slider.html

From your ADMIN panel -  select the store you wish to change (just like in your template change)   then while in that store go to the banner manager.

Each store has a unique ID and that unique ID is assigned to whatever changes you make - so you need to be within the store you want to work on BEFORE making the changes.  This is true except the default store input will be used when there is no specific input for the multistore. 

Lee
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 09:17:47 AM by Basara »

yonghan

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 12:00:57 PM »
Thanks a lot,i'll try first and i will ask again if i'm stuck. :)

yonghan

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 12:20:56 AM »
Hi Lee,i can't change the banner for the new store.I change template from Sytem->Settings->Edit Settings->Edit Store->Appearance menu.And if you don't mind to help me check,i'll pm you my login credential.Also i have installed abantecart on ii4c.info and create new store on shoes.ii4c.info.but the layout of  new store is broken.i attach the screenshot.Thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 12:43:57 AM »
on your subdomain  = it looks like you don't have the document root set correctly

Do you have cPanel ?  Where you set up your subdomain you need to have this:

subdomain                                             Document Root
shoes.ii4c.info                                          public_html/ii4c.info

your multistore needs to look in your main store for information - 

Check out this setting and let me know.

It's almost midnite in my location - and will be signing off shortly,  so will not reply to anything until tomorrow ( I am US central time)

Lee

yonghan

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2014, 02:11:07 AM »
I'll check it again.one more thing,regarding the banner manager.i couldn't find how to assign the banner as when i click on banner manager from the new store,it redirect to main store.thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 02:57:44 PM »
the slider banners are text banners -  in design>  banner manager

they show up as in the image here

Being a TEXT banner -  you can link any url you wish via the Editor box.

Lee

yonghan

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2014, 03:14:08 PM »
Hi,what i mean is assign banner to be shown on main store or new store.is it possible to do that? :) thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2014, 04:04:58 PM »
I had not noticed that  on the banner manager previously  -  I now see your issue and I think it is an issue.  I will make another post for the admins to either correct or instruct.

Lee