Poll

Do you want this as a core feature?

yes
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 21, 2012, 10:56:07 AM

Author Topic: Supplier Module  (Read 7056 times)

csarlab

Supplier Module
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:19:51 AM »
I should Suggest that it should a extra area for suppliers who get login so that they can update their offering after that it admin to approve it

how you all think about this module

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Supplier Module
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:58:35 PM »
Can you please provide more details. I do not think it is clear what you propose.

Thanks
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »
I believe what is being asked here is for the store owner to have the ability to allow a supplier's representative log into the cart admin and modify only selected content.  This would seem to be related to the "Expand modify permission to add, edit, delete" item in the roadmap.

The core of this road map item reads "Provide ability to set modify permissions for the sections with add, delete and edit privileges. This is relatevly easy to do with current set up of user_groups. Need to evaluate the demand for this with the poll first."

I would suggest no poll is needed.  This is a no-brainer in terms of meeting PCI requirements to be able to limit access in various ways.

BTW - I think what is being proposed here is rather risky in that it may allow suppliers to control your content and pose significant risk to the ability to achieve optimal organic search results....

David

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 08:37:01 PM »
Thank you for good points. Research on this for future inclusion.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Mayank

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:28:49 AM »
Supplier only able to list the product but it need to moderated by admin then only it finally added to site