Author Topic: Categories are duplicated on different languages  (Read 5779 times)

Offline abcart_ecm

• View Profile
Categories are duplicated on different languages
« on: May 15, 2014, 02:17:01 PM »
Hi
If I setup categories and subcategories in English, then I see the english names for them appear also
in the Spanish and German part of the shop.
If I setup categories and subcategories in Spanish, then I see the spanish names for them appear also in the English and German part of the shop.

I can not setup categories and subcategories separately in each of the languages of the shop
without having them appear also in the other languages.

What am I doing wrong ?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Categories are duplicated on different languages
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 02:33:22 PM »
If I setup categories and subcategories in English, then I see the english names for them appear also
in the Spanish and German part of the shop.
If I setup categories and subcategories in Spanish, then I see the spanish names for them appear also in the English and

??? Where do you see this? Categories are shown only in one language in storefront. I can not even imagine how this is possible?
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline abcart_ecm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 05:43:31 AM »
Yes it must be my problem. A first shop I did was without this problem. The second shop I am doing now, well I must have walked into some kind of confusion. IsnĀ“t it so that if you setup categories and subcategories in one language that this is copied to other languages as well just to fill there the empty place holders ? And then you have to go there and change the text in the according language ? Anyway abantecart is one hell of a shop system that puts the rest in the shadow.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 05:47:05 AM by abcart_ecm »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:29:27 AM »
I can not setup categories and subcategories separately in each of the languages of the shop
without having them appear also in the other languages.

What am I doing wrong ?

Hello. If you need different categories on different shop please set up multistore
Without multistore you able to create one category for all languages but with different translation name

Offline Advisor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 04:33:12 AM »
Without multistore you able to create one category for all languages but with different translation name
You mean "with" instead of "without" ?