Author Topic: Fresh Install blank page for front end and back end  (Read 8356 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Fresh Install blank page for front end and back end
« on: May 19, 2014, 03:17:52 PM »
Greetings - I just used Softaculous and installed a fresh 1.1.9 - both front and back end were just blank pages. 

not a "show hidden files" issue - other scripts I tried through Softaculous are PrestaCart, OScommerce, WordPress and all installed as usual, no prob. 

Tried again on 3 separate domains - even the domain where my dev site is, installed to a different folder and that didn't work at all wherein my dev site is fine - anyone else? 

Thanks
Ron
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:08:23 PM by buddahboy »
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Fresh Install blank page for front end and back end
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 04:50:42 PM »
Thank you for the update.

We are trying to work this out together with Softaculous team.

Meanwhile, can you please check your log and upload the file here?

Thank you
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Advisor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 04:29:04 AM »
I noticed this too...

When I added my own .htaccess versions I found out they were already there :)

Offline softaculous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 06:10:47 AM »
Hi,

I am from the Softaculous team. It could be due to missing extension. Can you please open a support ticket with the FTP details we will check the issue asap.

I am not allowed to post links. You can go to our homepage and click on the support link in the header.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:13:42 AM by softaculous »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:36:50 AM »
Did you want to post this link?
https://www.softaculous.com/support/
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:58:09 AM »
Greetings - made another attempt today using Softaculous again, thought after some time this would be corrected but it is not.  BTW, I did change all the file permissions as set forth in the documentation after the install via FTP but to no avail. 

Tech at my host solved previous problem:

Well, I got it to work, at least. There appears to be a bug in the software code, as the error log was showing this complaint:

[20-May-2014 19:52:41 America/Chicago] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function write() on a non-object in /home/farmer/public_html/trial/core/lib/cache.php on line 53

I commented out the following function in the above script:

# if(!is_array($cache_files)){
# $this->registry->get('log')->write('Cache directory is not accessible or writable. Caching operation was skipped!');
# }

And the site now resolves. I'm not sure of the implications of that change, it appears that all it does is test a caching functionality. You may be able to get better input on that from the AbanteCart develoeprs or any support forums they offer. But for now it seems to be working.

Also opened a ticket with Softaculous - there is no problem installing any other script that I tested out, the problem is only with AbanteCart and it is getting to be quite irritating and should be rectified - please. 

Thanks
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!