Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: General question on AbanteCart Cart, help?  (Read 8670 times)

Offline arturocivit

• View Profile
General question on AbanteCart Cart, help?
« on: May 22, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
Hi there guys, I'm Arturo and I'm really interested on AbanteCart Cart, actually I'm wondering if this is what I need for my project, see, what I want to do is something like reverb dot com site

The home page shows several products and categories, every list of product comes from different vendors and their products associated to certain category, in the home page it shows the last products listed but the main thing is a.- they list products from different vendors and b.- those products are associated a categories as well, if you go there and select a product, you can see the regular items in every ecommerce site, images, price, description, buy button and importantly, the link to see all the products from that vendor,  etc, you can buy from that product page and pay to a general shopping cart, I imagine, somehow, when the payment is processed, there's certain amount that goes to the vendor and a percentage that goes to reverb.com, but from the product page you can go to the vendor full list of products.

This is exactly what I want to do, but now I'm not sure if the multi-vendor thing is going to work

Thanks guys!

Arturo

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: General question on AbanteCart Cart, help?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 11:31:40 AM »
This site looks more like a marketplace.
You can can build marketplace based on AbanteCart. It will require some coding and customization, but it is doable.
As a matter of fact, AbanteCart marketplace is built with same concept and it is extended of abantecart core.

http://marketplace.abantecart.com/

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline arturocivit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »
Thanks so much!!

The question is, downloading and installing the system, can I just click and adjust everything to make it work like what I need? I understand I need to customize a few things, but what I don't want is to be using third party apps or plugins to achieve that.

Again, thanks a lot!!

Arturo

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »
Yes you can install AbanteCart and develop with it anyway you want. You are not forced to use any plugins or limited to any code changes.
This is an open source
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline arturocivit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 03:54:59 PM »
Yes I understand that, thanks, the question is, maybe I'm asking this wrong, is the software "as is" able to handle a marketplace functionality?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 02:35:23 PM »
Yes I understand that, thanks, the question is, maybe I'm asking this wrong, is the software "as is" able to handle a marketplace functionality?
Let's be careful with words. AbanteCart is not marketplace ecommerce software.
As we have developed extensions marketplace based on AbanteCart, custom solution with marketplace features is possible.

Offline arturocivit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 08:08:51 PM »
I understand now, thanks for that, where can I find or buy that extension? Actually is there a demo running around? Thanks!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Hi Abantcart,  can you please update the information regrading the marketplace extension?  Is it available?  what is the cost?  what are the working parameters?

Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi Abantcart,  can you please update the information regrading the marketplace extension?  Is it available?  what is the cost?  what are the working parameters?

Thanks

Extension is not yet available