Author Topic: Multi Store Problem..  (Read 5228 times)

Offline Prince Of Dhump

• View Profile
    • Prince Of Dhump
Multi Store Problem..
« on: May 24, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »
Now After All The HardWork I Have Setted Up the MultiStore with Geo Redirection.. well for the problem.. the problem is in the multi store the main menu of home > Login > Account >Cart , Are giving me the Main Stores Link.. How to Change it.. :S and Also.. i want the same items on my store B With The Diffrent Prices.. How to Do That.. do i have to creat all items again .. Its Kinda Headace...

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Multi Store Problem..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 05:25:10 PM »
I don't believe you have all your settings correctly setup for multistore to function as designed.

You have a mainstore.com,   you can a a multistore only under these conditions:
1.  subdomain.mainstore.com   OR
2. someotherdomain.com

Note:  you cannot have a multistore in just a sub-directory of you main store.

Next - in either one of the choices above of subdomain or otherdomain,  you MUST point your document root to the location of your Main Store.

Once you have this done you will see on your main store  - pages for products and categories  the default store (main store)  and other stores that you have created from the main store.  You simply add a check to the box for each of the stores you wish that category or product to show up in.  You control this from the master.

Please confirm that you have your stores setup in this manner.

Then when you go to the multi-store you can further control to show or not show any items that have been turned on for the multistore,  and you can change the pricing for that multistore.

There is an additional line in the database for each product that is assigned to a multistore.  but you do NOT have to recreate them,  only turn the checkbox on.

Offline Prince Of Dhump

• View Profile
    • Prince Of Dhump
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »
Well As Stated before in my post.. my Store B In Perfect Condition Running.. i also setted up a geo redirect to Country Pakistan.. what i want to know that.. if want to Product A (i.e) On Both Of My Stores But I My Store its For Example 40$ and In Store B I want it to be 20$.. how to do that.. i jst want to know that i have to make the same item or product again thru new product or not.. and for multi store if u want any type of proof i am very much happy to give it to you thank you :)

My Store A is in the Signature and Store B is Here,,,

pk . shop . princeofdhump . com

Offline Prince Of Dhump

• View Profile
    • Prince Of Dhump
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »
And Another Problem is with the main menu on the header with HOME - LOGIN - CART ETC.. are from having the Main store Link..

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »
thank you for the two urls-  I can see that you do have the two stores setup.  Seeing makes it somewhat easier to determine what you are experiencing.

I do see that the tabs on the top menu do indeed to to your Main Store.  But the ones at the bottom do not.  I am not familiar with the template you have on the second store -  but some setting with the cart is wrong still,  OR the template menu tabs are not set to look in the correct place.  Admins will have to help with this issue.

In regards to the items on your second store -  you do NOT have to re-input them.  You need to be sure the check box is activated in the main store admin for the multistore.   When you activate the checkbox for the item in the main store it will do all the work of making an entry in the database for the item for that store.  Then switch to the multistore and you can change the pricing on any items.

The same is true for the categories.

Offline Prince Of Dhump

• View Profile
    • Prince Of Dhump
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2014, 06:29:26 PM »
Can u please guide me in detail how to edit the prices of scond store products..