Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Possible to have more than the default two tabs (Description & Reviews)?  (Read 5762 times)

Offline flyn

• View Profile
I have some products that contain more info and a video. Is it possible to have on a single product a few more tabs or would it apply to all products?

It is too bad only 2 tabs are there by default.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Hey flyn,

You've not discovered enough about the cart yet.  There are more than two tabs by default - at least on the default_html5.
You simply need to add something into those areas for them to show up,  and yes they only show on products where there is something in those fields.   They are Tag and relations.   

Tags are managed on the product description page - and are helpful in the search by adding further classifications to products beyond categories

The Relations are managed and found in the relations tab (across the top tabs)  Field is Related Products - this is a great tool for cross-marketing, and it works well.  Also  when you add a relation into one product  it automatically adds it into your other product (least in 1.1.9)   Eg.  Prod a  add a relation to Prod b.   Prod b will automatically add a relation to Prod a.
Very cool!

Now as to  your videos and additional info -  a couple of ways  -  you can add the video within the product description area it handles an I-frame well.   You can add as much description on the block as you wish and I see some of the carts that look like an Amazon page.   You can also purchase an extension  called  Product Features which adds additional tab and you can place your additional information in there.  It also only shows the new tab when there is something in it.

Hope this helps you to understand more of the functionality of the cart.

Lee

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Thanks as always lee. Using Firefox web dev tools I changed the Add to cart button color and logo and have made much progress on many of the items. I do like it so far.

Thanks for the tips.

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Good morning Lee. Where can I find the product features extension?

Is it the extension called Product Features or Attributes?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Where can I find the product features extension?

See marketplace link

Offline natdroid

• View Profile
Re: Possible to have more than the default two tabs (Description & Reviews)?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 02:33:22 AM »
I have some products that contain more info and a video. Is it possible to have on a single product a few more tabs or would it apply to all products?

It is too bad only 2 tabs are there by default.

It is possible to have on a single product a few more tabs with More Additional Tabs addon http://marketplace.abantecart.com/extra_tabs