Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Change main page slider speed which slides change  (Read 6482 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Change main page slider speed which slides change
« on: June 06, 2014, 10:05:11 AM »
Greetings,

Could not find this answer - well, actually two questions. 

On the main page slider I'd like to have more time between slide images; ie. instead of 5 seconds to 10 seconds - can't find the file to edit in order to achieve this

Second is, where can I set the type of exit/enter animation of each slide

Thanks much
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

yonghan

Re: Change main page slider speed which slides change
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 11:43:04 AM »
Hi,are you using onebyone slider?you can check the type of slider you're using in blocks->main page banner slider->use block wrapper.If you're using it,then please check the script here

[urlhttps://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/storefront/view/default_html5/javascript/jquery.onebyone.min.js[/url]

Hope it helps.

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »
Greetings - thanks for a response. 

I'm using one-by-one (attached is a screenshot of my banner block)

Went to that file on the cart and changed the variables on the delays but there was no difference in how long the banner stayed visible - there was a small difference that slowed the outro of the slide but that's not what I wanted to achieve. 

which variables do i need to change in jquery.onebyone.min.js in order to keep the slide active for a longer time please?

Appreciate the assistance
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 07:48:12 PM »
Hi,sorry for late reply,my mistake,you should edit the js file here :
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/14375c4f42ef9e695e9783f50f6dda3ba7109847/public_html/storefront/view/default_html5/javascript/custom.js
instead of the onebyone.min.js.and please edit yhe slideShowDelay variable.and about animation type,it was set random by default.

Hope it works.

Regards,
Handoyo

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 08:02:34 PM »
Thank you very much  -  that did it for me. 

Appreciate the assistance

Ron

yonghan

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 08:31:12 PM »
You're welcome.Glad it works. :)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:50 PM »
Hey Yonghan,

is it possible to add some code there that would stop the slider action on a mouse hover?

So if there is a click link there and the mouse it approaching on the slide the banner showing will remain until the mouse is removed from the area?

If this is possible please provide the code needed as I don't code.

Lee