Author Topic: no download link after purchasing downloadable product  (Read 4470 times)

Offline Riin

• View Profile
    • Happy Fuzzy Yarn (wholesale)
no download link after purchasing downloadable product
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:59:23 AM »
Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have 5 PDFs for sale, one with a price of 0.00 (yes, it's free), and when I do a test purchase, I don't get a download link for any of them.

I'm using my site for wholesale only, and the customer doesn't need to pay right away, so I edited  Cash On Delivery to We will call you, so the orders come through with a status of pending. So originally I set up the files to be activated on order status pending. It didn't work, so I changed it to Immediately. That didn't work. I changed it to Before Order. It still doesn't work.

What am I missing?
Riin Gill

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: no download link after purchasing downloadable product
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 02:22:42 PM »
are you expecting the download link in an email?  I don't believe it sends one,  leastwise mine doesn't.

One have to sign into their account and the downloads are available there.  That's really a good security issue in my opinion, as the download person needs to have an account.

See if this might be solve your "where is my download"

Offline Riin

• View Profile
    • Happy Fuzzy Yarn (wholesale)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 02:53:23 PM »
Ah, ok, they are there. Thanks.

The thing is (aside from every cart I've ever worked with, either as a merchant or a customer, sending links in emails, so it's what people expect), my whole site is password protected. I have several sales reps, and I would like them to be able to order on behalf of customers easily. And one of the pdfs is free. So I don't really want to tell someone they have to login twice to get a free pattern. It seems like overkill.

So...IS there a way to have the links sent by email?
Riin Gill

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:07:48 PM »
strictly from an operational side -  and since your site is password protected it would seem that what you want to share with your folks is behind "closed doors". 

Here's what I can come up with -  you can place your pdf's in any file on your server and just know the link to that for your reps to email to your customers - no log in required,  no account setup either,  no good way to track how many downloads etc.

As for your reps  you can set them up as "users" on the apanel (you can assign them to a user group with reduced access)  and they can set up the account for the customer, they can act of behalf of the customer in most any capacity  except for payment.

But to the best of my knowledge,  if you post the download via the resource manager and have it as an item with the cart to order - there is no way to email the link to them and make it so they don't have to log into their account.

Lee,  just another happy Abantecart user