Author Topic: how to add link in footer that goes offsite?  (Read 11447 times)

Offline Riin

• View Profile
    • Happy Fuzzy Yarn (wholesale)
how to add link in footer that goes offsite?
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:12:44 PM »
Hi. I would like to add a link in the footer, but I don't want to add a page for it to go to. I want it to link to another website. How can I do this?
Riin Gill

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: how to add link in footer that goes offsite?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:29:08 PM »
If you're not into coding on the templates, etc.  I would suggest buying the White Label Extension for $10.00
Here's the link,  or you can get there from within your aPanel.
http://marketplace.abantecart.com/?mp_token=297f1j8u81ne82ubsltud4nbg6&mp_hash=dd4b6738cecea8049749c843f52a6c6a&rt=product/product&product_id=172

that will also solve your issue with the copyright in another post -  you control everything on the footers in the Site page,  the admin pages, and your emails to customers.   Important you will need to do all the areas  as when you turn the extension on,  it turns all the automatic footer info OFF.

Lee

Offline Riin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
That brings up another problem. There were two other extensions I was going to buy, but I'm unable to login to buy them. I registered, but when I try to log in, it keeps putting my zip code where I had entered my login name, and then of course I can't login. I sent them two messages about it, one via their contact form and one via their facebook page, but they haven't responded. So I'm not sure what to do next.
Riin Gill

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:25:38 PM »
are you going to the extension from within your aPanel?
Extension > Extension Store

the new marketplace is from Abantecart.   If you are having difficulty please post it on this board,  and/or PM  (personal messsage) abantecart directly.  Just find any of his posts and select the little conversation tab under his avatar.

The marketplace is a new offering from Abantecart and like all new things sometimes they need a tweak or two, but they will respond to you

Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 04:20:03 AM »
it keeps putting my zip code where I had entered my login name, and then of course I can't login.

Hello.  Keeping zip code in login field is something related to browser or browser addons. Please type you login name in this field. Also check your mail (and spam folder too) for activation email from site where you registered

Offline Riin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 08:16:01 AM »
I type my login name, but then as soon as I click the login button, it changes to my zip code again. I'd be happy to change my login name to my zip code if only I could login!
Riin Gill

Offline Riin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 08:19:42 AM »
you control everything on the footers in the Site page,  the admin pages, and your emails to customers.   Important you will need to do all the areas  as when you turn the extension on,  it turns all the automatic footer info OFF.

Lee

Oh, I just saw this bit! I actually have everything else in the footers and the emails the way I want it, and I'm fine with editing things in the templates. I just need to know which template and what to edit.
Riin Gill

Offline Riin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 08:26:53 AM »
I type my login name, but then as soon as I click the login button, it changes to my zip code again. I'd be happy to change my login name to my zip code if only I could login!

Ha! That gave me the idea to create a new account using my zip code as my login name and a different email address! Success!
Riin Gill

Offline Riin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 12:34:35 PM »
Just to be clear, though I created another account and bought some other extensions, I would prefer to edit a template to add the link in the footer. Can someone please tell me how/where to do this?
Riin Gill

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 01:26:26 AM »
Just to be clear, though I created another account and bought some other extensions, I would prefer to edit a template to add the link in the footer. Can someone please tell me how/where to do this?

Hi. Each template have Layouts, page Layouts consist of blocks.
You need to create HTML block with your link html code then add it to the footer section in page Layout

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2023, 12:41:15 PM »
How can i put my outside link next to Login in the footer like i have in the screenshot?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2023, 05:59:10 AM »
Hello.
Try to edit the blocks/content_footer.tpl file in your theme

Offline Nuno Neff

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2023, 12:51:25 PM »
Thanks Basara, I already did it, but I have the word of the link in Portuguese and I wish that in the English language this word was in English, I tried but I couldn't.

I created a new word then added the link in blocks/content_footer.tpl and what happens is that the link is there but the text is not visible, like if I click it opens the link but I can't see the link text.