Author Topic: Make Sort By: Use Default As The Main Sort By View  (Read 5182 times)

Offline flyn

• View Profile
Make Sort By: Use Default As The Main Sort By View
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
I have been studying another thread and some of the manual to try and make this work but have not been able to figure it out. We have finished sorting all the products in their respective categories by numbers.

This is very important for us as our last system did not allow this. I also would not mind removing some of the options included in Sort By: as I feel they are not relevant for us.

Any advice is appreciated.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Make Sort By: Use Default As The Main Sort By View
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:17:30 AM »
Hello.

To remove some of Sort By you need to modify AbanteCart core files
for categories this is
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/storefront/controller/pages/product/category.php
see line 234-286 comment php code for each not needed sorting.

Please note after Cart upgrade changes in core files will be lost

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
OK I did the changes and the Default Sort is now the principal. I have backed up the original file so that going forward when a new cart update arrives I can make these changes again.

Thanks

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »
Hello again. I do have Default as the first option showing for sorting but the items are still not sorted like we want.

For example in a particular category like Antiperspirants we have 8 products. What I did in that category is put in a number in the Sort Number and that is show they should be sorted.

Is this the wrong way to do it? Now an interesting thing is that if I change the sort by from default to another selection and then put back default everything is sorted like it should.

I was also think change the dates on products to the same date and then use the Sort Numbers