Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: How To perform custom action on "Continue " button in Guest_step_2  (Read 7916 times)

Offline ambhar

• View Profile
Hello....
              I have created a custom radio button for a payment option with default COD on guest_step_2. Whwn I check any of the payment option, it redirect me to the same page on which cash on delivery is redirected i.e. guest_step_3. I want to take the value of my radio button and perform my action for the payment for which I also need the session parameters about the transaction. How can I perform this??

Thanks in Advance
Waiting for a reply

yonghan

Re: How To perform custom action on "Continue " button in Guest_step_2
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:27:46 AM »
Hi,have you looked at the controller that handle the action?

Offline ambhar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 02:48:34 AM »
<button class="btn btn-orange pull-right ml10" title="<?php echo $form['continue']->name ?>" type="submit">
   <i class="icon-arrow-right icon-white"></i>
   <?php echo $form['continue']->name ?>
</button>
The above is the code for the button which I found after some hard work. And I am new to AbanteCart...have no idea about the code flow in it. Where can I find controller for this?

yonghan

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »
Hi,abantecary uses mvc.you can read the docs here : http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Which tpl file did you edit?you can find the approtiate controller in
storefront/controller folder.Hope it helps.

Offline ambhar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 07:47:35 AM »
Yonghan.........Thanks for your above reply. If I want to add a custom php page in place of success.tpl where I want to get some variables after the successful transaction and show them. How can I do this task in AbanteCart?

yonghan

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 04:32:16 AM »
I think there are two ways if you want to add additional data to the tpl file.1st is directly edit the controller file to include data to the array,but the drawback is that when you update the abantecart,the file will be replaced.2nd is you create extension and hook the controller as described in the documentation too.please read the hook section.hope it helps. :)