Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: shipping wt calculation & mixed wt classes problem  (Read 7742 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
shipping wt calculation & mixed wt classes problem
« on: July 06, 2014, 05:32:00 PM »
Seems there is an issue with the Shipping wt calculation.  In Setting > Settings> Details we set the wt class, in my case to pounds.  In the product description page area  we have the ability to change the wt class to pounds, ounces, kilogram etc.

That led to me believe that there would be calculation within the cart to adjust a prod with 1 pound and one with 8 ounces
to report the shipping wt as 1.5 pounds,  or 1 pound, 8 ounces  and pass that total calculated wt to the shipping extension lookup table.  But that does not seem to be the case.  See the attached screen shot  to see my shipping wt calculated at 129 pounds!   which is 8 X 16  Plus 1  = so it's multiplying the ounces and adding the pound and reporting is as pounds.

Seems there should be some corrections made here =  either the calculation/reporting needs to be better or the ability to change the Wt Class type WITHIN the prod page should be removed and set and showing only whatever is selected in the system settings. 

This is verison 1.1.9

Lee
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:44:57 PM by llegrand »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: shipping wt calculation & mixed wt classes problem
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 05:15:16 AM »
Seems there should be some corrections made here =  either the calculation/reporting needs to be better or the ability to change the Wt Class type WITHIN the prod page should be removed and set and showing only whatever is selected in the system settings. 
Lee

Hi.

Please check you weight class settings (Base weight and all coefficients (multiplicative factor) for other weight classes) http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/52-admin-user-manual/system/localization#Weight%20classes

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 08:11:10 AM »
See screen shot for what is setup in the system.   

Now if I change the 8 ounces to .5 pounds -  the shipping wt is correctly shown at 1.5 lbs.

If my Wt class coefficients are correct and since pound is my base, and ounce is a portion of the base I believe they are.

The question remains - can two different wt classes be selected within product pages (on different products of course)  or must one choose one wt class for the cart and only use that calculating the correct portion on each product page?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 01:45:28 AM »
The question remains - can two different wt classes be selected within product pages (on different products of course)  or must one choose one wt class for the cart and only use that calculating the correct portion on each product page?

Hello. Yes, you can buy two products with two different weight classes.
All calculation based on your base weight class and other settings

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 09:27:09 AM »
That is what I expected to happen within the cart -  so now the question remains what needs to be changed in order for my shipping wt to be calculated correctly?

What is the correct matrix for all settings that effect shipping wt calculations?   You have shown in your screen shot that you can have mixed wt,  you have not directed me to the way to correct something so that my shipping wt calculates correctly.

I believe my coefficients are correct  -  pound =  1.0000  ounce = .0625
So where else, what else do I need to change in order for this to work?

But the only way I can get the shipping wt to be calculated correctly is to only use one wt class.   I have gone back and replaced all my ounces with decimal equivalents of pounds -  and now I have correct shipping wt. 

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
I believe my coefficients are correct  -  pound =  1.0000  ounce = .0625
So where else, what else do I need to change in order for this to work?

Hello, Lee.
According to google 1 pound = 16 ounce

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: shipping wt calculation & mixed wt classes problem (SOLVED)
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 09:52:01 AM »
I am trying to understand your answer -  yes 1 pound does equal 16 oz.
and  . 0625 times 16  also equals 1 pound.

Do the wt class in Localization not require a decimal input?

Apparently I don't understand  how the cart calculates within the shipping wt function.   If I have pound set to 1,  and an ounce is some portion of 1 and the multiplier is what shows up in the how many field - 

So what do I put in Pound  and Ounce in Wt classes to get it to work?

pound = 1  ounce = 16? 

Sorry to be so dense -  but this detail is important to be correct

UPDATE:   that is what is needed to make it work correctly.

Suggestion -  just one more line in the documentation that actually gives and example of if pound is 1,  ounce is 16   would make it much more clear.  To my thinking if my base unit is one,  and other unit needs to state what factional unit  rather than the multiplier.  Not knowing what your calculation does within the code,  a better description of what to input would add needed clarity to the input.

thanks for all you do
Lee

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:55:57 AM by llegrand »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:45:22 AM »
hello, Lee.

In the AbanteCart demo data we have great example with kg base weight
see screenshot

In case you change base weight ('base' mean with value 1.00) all other wt clases values need to be changed in relation to base wt class

Thank You

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
Thanks Basara,

I've got it now.  And it works wonderfully well.  Appreciate you're sticking with me until I got it.

You guys are still the best!
Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »
 Thank you for helping us documentation improve