Author Topic: How To disable quantity in product detail page and in checkout cart?  (Read 5724 times)

Offline mrshojaee

• View Profile
Hi !

I'd like to control my products quantities via product options because I need to put a few pre-defined quantities like 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000
To use these specific numbers for quantities I need to have them as an drop down options that my customers can choose and add to cart. In this case having another quantity box in product detail page and quantity number in cart doesn't make sense and makes confusion. To fix this I need to disable both quantity in product page and checkout cart.

I would be more than happy if let me know how I can disable these two.

Thanks a lot in advance.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 09:32:51 PM by mrshojaee »

Offline Dave1960

• View Profile
Re: How To disable quantity in product detail page and in checkout cart?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:19:29 AM »
Hi:

I found this in Settings - General - Display Stock: Display stock quantity on the product page.

Hope that helps!

Dave

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 05:03:57 AM »
Hi !

I'd like to control my products quantities via product options because I need to put a few pre-defined quantities like 100, 250, 500, 750, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10000
To use these specific numbers for quantities I need to have them as an drop down options that my customers can choose and add to cart. In this case having another quantity box in product detail page and quantity number in cart doesn't make sense and makes confusion. To fix this I need to disable both quantity in product page and checkout cart.

I would be more than happy if let me know how I can disable these two.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hello.

Each product have setting Maximum Quantity: Set a limit on quantity that can be selected per each order. 0 = no limit.
You can set it to 1. This will prevent customers to order more than 1 product per order.

Hide quantity input require template core files modification.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 05:05:33 AM by Basara »

Offline mrshojaee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:48:59 PM »
Thank you so much but what really I like to know is "how to modify template core files to hide quantity box in both product detail page and Checkout Cart"?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 01:40:47 AM »
Thank you so much but what really I like to know is "how to modify template core files to hide quantity box in both product detail page and Checkout Cart"?

Hi.

Not sure but try to modify this files see topic