Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: system-settings-mail clarification needed  (Read 12120 times)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
system-settings-mail clarification needed
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
The docs are not detailed enough for me to know specifically how to config my System-settings-mail set up.  I have it working, one two different domains - I have to set it differently to get the notificaion to the store owner.

Mail Parameters: When using 'Mail', additional mail parameters can be added here (e.g. " -femail@storeaddress.com".)

Details of the setup:
Mail Protocal -  Mail
Mail Parameters  - is is the field that is causing difficulty -  only works correctly if I leave it blank.  ANY email address in this will cause failure to store owner.
Alert Mail  ONE
Additional Alert e-mails,  has an entry that works (even if Mail parameters is blank)

My other accounts work fine with an email address in Mail parameters.

So my questions:
1. What is suppose to go into the mail Parameters field?
2.  what is the format other and name@domain, if any?
3.  Where is the info for the mail parameters stored -  I am thinking there may be an unseen character stuck in there that I am unable to clear by clearing the filed in the form and saving.

So the doc (you know I like details and examples ;D ) are lacking enough detail for me to be sure what my settings-mail should actually be.

Thanks in advance for your help
Lee

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: system-settings-mail clarification needed
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »
Hello.

We have updated AbanteCart Mail settings doc but Mail Parameter setting is more related to your server mail configuration and may not work on certain servers or server configurations

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Hey Basra,  thanks for adding more detail to the documentation.

However,  I am still wondering about the connection between enabling the Notify store owner and if that is checked does the email address (the same one that is in the settings)  need to be ALSO placed in the Mail parameters field?

The simplest form of this question is:   If I have enabled the Notify Store owner,  do I need to add that email address any place on the MAIL settings or does it pick it up from the Details settings?

Thanks
Lee
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:55:14 AM by llegrand »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:32:11 AM »
Hello. Usually you should leave Mail Parameter blank anyway adding Mail Parameters can resolve some hosting issues see http://php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php#92639  ???

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 10:00:16 AM »
Thanks Basara,  understand much better now. Appreciate the replies and the knowledge.

Lee