Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Admin login gives 500 error  (Read 4027 times)

Offline Carm

• View Profile
Admin login gives 500 error
« on: July 18, 2014, 06:04:00 PM »
I've been gradually setting up my AbanteCart site & planned to complete the change from CS Cart in the next few weeks. But last night Australia time (Saturday almost 8 am here now) when I went to login to admin it kept giving a 500 error about connection timeout.

"Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.
"

This hasn't happened before. Storefront loads fine, I can login to the CS Cart version admin just fine, only the AbanteCart admin is giving this error. Help! Please.  :(

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Admin login gives 500 error
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:05:32 PM »
Very strange. What hosting do you have? Is your server loaded with heavy traffic?
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline Carm

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 07:30:01 PM »
Sorry I haven't replied. I got in touch with my host here in Australia. Turns out it was a problem on there end, not exactly sure what but one of their techs worked on it overnight. It's all good now, much to my relief.  ;D

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
Rule of thumb. If you start to get 500 error, contact your hosting provider.

This excludes, developers that edit code and mess will the server settings. :)
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help