Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Double URL error  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Firefhtr9

• View Profile
Double URL error
« on: July 28, 2014, 07:10:05 PM »
Hello,
    I created a second store on a subdomain and according to my host company, it seems to be directing to the URL twice for some reason. The host company said that something needs to be changed within the Abonte AbanteCart admin area, but he didn't know what. I have the store directed to the subdomain only once, so I'm not sure how to fix it.

Here is what my host company said...
 "Interesting, it looks like everything's now linking tohttp://dealerstore.elementarmor.com/dealerstore.elementarmor.com (the subdomain listed twice). It may be necessary to change another setting in AbanteCart. The assets are accessible when the second instance of the subdomain in the URL is omitted."

Do you have any idea how to fix it? If you go to the site (dealerstore.elementarmor.com), you will see that the material is present, but all buggy. Thanks for your help and I hope to hear from you soon.

-Scott
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 01:25:54 AM by Basara »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Double URL error
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:31:43 PM »
When you say created a second store on a subdomain did you intend to do this as a multistore or a completely separate store?

If as a multistore -  did you upload abantecarte files to the second domain?  This is not the correct process for multistore.

Please provide more details of what you are trying to do, multistore or a completely standalone second store. And what you have done so far in your second store setup.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Firefhtr9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:17:44 AM »
Thanks for such quick responses. It is intended to be a multistore. I sell car care products and I wanted to make a store for my dealers/distributors to order directly from.
I haven't done too much with it yet. I created the subdomain and then created the second store from within the first store's admin area. Under the new store's "Store URL", I put the subdomain followed by the / as required. I did not install the software to the subdomain. I can access and add products to the subdomain store and all of that is working fine. It just isn't loading the second store correctly (no images, just kind of buggy looking). My web host company said that it has the Store URL twice for some reason. I've triple checked the settings from the admin area and I don't see what the problem is.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 11:11:23 AM »
First - in your subdomain have you directed your document root to the main store?  Here's what I am talking about
e.g  mysite.com/store   set up a subdomain called stuff - you MUST set the document root of the subdomain to be mysite.com/store.

So in Cpanel under subdomains you would see
subdomain.Rootdomain      Document Root
stuff.mysite.com                  mysite.com/store

Next - as I understand your intent it is for dealers/ distributors to order from you as a different pricing point -  did you consider using the wholesale function of the cart?  It might be easier to administer - it would depend on how
you offer merchandise to them -

The cart comes configured with a wholesale customer group

Lee

Offline flyn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 01:29:23 PM »
If the subdomain is only a subfolder than in the admin you would put that folder name after /

e.g. /carcare

Take also into account though that you need to modify the .htaccess file also. If you dont do it in both places you will have problems.