Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Migrate EKM Powershop store to AbanteCart  (Read 4448 times)

Offline vonnboard

• View Profile
Migrate EKM Powershop store to AbanteCart
« on: July 29, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
Hi, I'm brand new on here and brand new to this style of ecommerce websites, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions. I already have a live webstore, which is a hosted by an ecommerce site building 'service' by EKM Powershop. I have fallen out with EKM and I want to move to AbanteCart and I want to install it via Softaculous in CPanel. The install requires me to assign the domain name, but I'm worried that if I do this it will automatically point the domain from my live site to the not yet built AbanteCart and take my store off line. Basically I want to build my new AbanteCart store in the background and when its ready just activite it and re-point the domain. Is this possible? Thanks

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Migrate EKM Powershop store to AbanteCart
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 11:57:02 AM »
sure,  this is possible, easy, and preferable.

You have two choices -  you can install your abantecart in a sub-folder  or in a sub-domain - if you are new to working with Cpanel you might find the sub-folder the easiest.

Softaculous will ask you for the folder (directory) name you wish to use and it will make the folder for you.

Here's and example:

your current domain -   mydomain.com
Softaculous pre-fills that dir field  with AbanteCart  - if that is what you wish to use -  just continue one the installation

Then your existing store will continue to works as it currently does.   And you can develop your abantecarte store
in  mydomain.com/AbanteCart

Once you're happy with your new store -  then ask us again how to get it where you want to have the public use it.

Lee

Offline vonnboard

• View Profile
Re: Migrate EKM Powershop store to AbanteCart
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »
Thank you very much Lee. Superstar!  ;D