Author Topic: Custom Report  (Read 4734 times)

Offline camcguir

• View Profile
Custom Report
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »
I wanted to create a custom report to provide my client with a list of customers that purchased products (coined as events).  The report is similar to the purchased products report.  Using purchased products report as a guideline, I have been able to successfully complete the report, query, view, model, controller, db entries, etc., but there is one last minor detail.  After creating a new language key/value document for the model, the language key/value for that particular report acts like it is not registered. 

My question is: how do I active that language document to be available for that report?  Is there a registry someplace that I am missing? or what am I missing? Also, I noticed that my Banner Statistics report disappeared.  Any suggestions on how to get that back would be helpful.  Thanks!

(screen shot attached)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:22:18 PM by camcguir »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Report
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 01:42:43 AM »
Hi.

For language key/value - you can manage your language definitions in Admin-System-Localization-Language Definitins
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/52-admin-user-manual/system/localization#Language%20Definitions

The correct way add something new is create new AbanteCart extension http://www.abantecart.com/document_wiki/index.php/AbanteCart_Extension%E2%80%99s_Developer_Guide

Offline camcguir

• View Profile
Re: Custom Report
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
Thanks!  I'll have to look into that documentation.  I did notice the well-placed language in the source files about being cautious of making changes, but being a newbie to PHP and AbanteCart, I also wanted to ensure that I had a good grasp on how the design pattern was implemented.  I didn't see this extension information before, so thanks, again. 

On a side note, do you have any recommendations of PHP debugging tools?