Author Topic: Incorrect category page layout  (Read 5344 times)

Offline DanFronckowiak

• View Profile
Incorrect category page layout
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:34:36 PM »
My store sells various travel products. Among them, Walt Disney World and Disneyland admission. People have trouble remembering which parks in Florida and which are in California, so I want to put a block on each page telling guests which geographical location they're purchasing for.

I have a main category: "Theme Park Admission". Within that category, I have 2 subcategories: "Disneyland" and "Walt Disney World".

I have changed the layout of the page for the subcategory "Walt Disney World" so that it has a block advising that Walt Disney World is in Florida, and a similar block for Disneyland.

If you click on the main category, "Theme Park Admission", from the category bar at the top of the page, the layout displays correctly.

If, however, you click on the main category, "Theme Parks", from the large icons, below the category bar, the main category "Theme Parks" page picks up the layout for the "Walt Disney World" subcategory.

Additionally, until this can be fixed, I have temporarily removed the block from the "Walt Disney World" subcategory page. The incorrect page layout is still showing up on the main "Theme Park Admission" category page.

I have included screen shots below to hopefully make the issue easier to understand. I've included the URL on each layout page, because they are different.

The correct layout:

The incorrect layout:

Here is a screenshot of the Admin section for main "Theme Park Admission" category page layout.

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 01:53:26 PM by DanFronckowiak »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Incorrect category page layout
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 06:20:07 PM »
It is now about 5 hours after you post -  so you may have fixed the issue. 

I am seeing the layout that you have indicated as correct. 

Abantecart employs a robust cache system -  when you are making changes and they don't seem to appear for you -  be sure you clear the cache in the Admin Panel  -  it is located under System.   A check mark is required to clear the cache.  There is a global one located at the top of the listings.  I usually just clear everything.

Then of course,  you will need to refresh you browser window to flush your PC cache also.  (Cntl + F5)  is usually enough.

If you're still seeing the "wrong" screen trying clearing all the caches. 

Lee

Offline DanFronckowiak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:11:39 PM »
I did as you suggested.

I'm now receiving the following critical error in my messages:
Error: Error in data of page with controller: 'pages/content/content'. Please check for key_value present where key_param was set

When I go into the Content sections, there is always a blank content item, with an ID of 0 (in the URL).

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »
Your last post seems to indicate a different issue than the one about categories.   This board works best if you limit a post to one issue, then open up a new post with a new issue.

In regards to the categories displaying correctly-  I am still seeing only the pages that you have indicated are correct.  Did the clearing of the cache fix the categories issue on your PC?  If not,  suggest opening a different browser,  Chrome or Firefox, or IE  and see how it looks.

The last issue regarding content/content needs a new post to get the most efficient help.

Lee

Offline DanFronckowiak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:14:22 PM »
My apologies. I meant to say that it did not work. The categories are still not displaying correctly. My assumption was that the error had something to do with that incorrect display.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:19:51 PM »
Oh,  hmm!   I sent you PM,  perhaps we can figure out what's happening.

Lee

Offline DanFronckowiak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
In my frustration with this issue, I started COMPLETELY from scratch.

Did a clean install of AbanteCart in a new directory. I still, currently, have the old one.

I'm having a REALLY similar problem.

I've got my settings all updated, I've got content, blocks and manufacturers done.

I'm adding in the categories. I've got 2 main categories so far, NO subcategories, at all. We'll call them category A and category B. When I change the layout of category B, that layout extends to category A. But, again, only when I access category A through the large icons on the home page. If I use the category bar on the top of the page, category A's layout remains untouched.

I'm wondering if this is some issue with the way the category listing is coded? I created it using the "Data Listing" option tab in the create block panel.  I've tried using both the "Categories" and "Custom Categories" option. I've also tried each of the Block Wrapper options, and no matter which I choose, if I use that Category Listing block to access the category, it's picking up an incorrect layout.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 03:24:19 AM »

I'm wondering if this is some issue with the way the category listing is coded? I created it using the "Data Listing" option tab in the create block panel.

Hello. Yes looks like Data Listing block for categories designed to work in this way.
Not sure that this is bug so for quick fix edit file
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/storefront/controller/blocks/listing_block.php#L164
in line 164 change
&category_id=
to
&path=

Offline DanFronckowiak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 12:25:27 PM »
Thanks! That worked!