Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: cannot access admin area  (Read 36202 times)

Offline dpp

• View Profile
cannot access admin area
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:46:37 PM »
I just installed AbanteCart. After closing my browser and re opening it to access the admin area, I keep on ending up at the front end of the main site. Any guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: cannot access admin area
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:01:54 AM »
When you were installing AbanteCart there was a field that was asking for your admin section key.

See image attached.

If you did not edited it this field, admin section will be set to your_admin. It is not recommended to use this name
To access your admin you need to add s=your_admin to the URL
Example: demo.abantecart.com?s=demo_admin

You can locate your admin section key in configuration file located in system/config.php
Look for:
define('ADMIN_PATH', '.....

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Nimitz1061

• No matter where you go, there you are...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 07:06:53 PM »
The semi-mandatory obscurity is an interesting touch - I'm just not sure it is worth the effort.

I've seen a number of penetrations which occurred because of insecure protocol and insecure routers .  When the bad guys are reading your TCP stream obscurity is not going to help you....

David

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:54 PM »
The semi-mandatory obscurity is an interesting touch - I'm just not sure it is worth the effort.

I've seen a number of penetrations which occurred because of insecure protocol and insecure routers .  When the bad guys are reading your TCP stream obscurity is not going to help you....

David

David, we (i mean php:)) can't to check is webserver have correctly tuned ssl support.
ssl-connection works step-by-step: certificate exchange and checks of it by verifier, if all ok then data exchange.
Php does not afford to check is first check was valid. I remember troubles in firefox and chrome with ssl v2 certificates. Servers works fine but user have not access to pages.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Nimitz1061

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
Perhaps, but the functionality of the SSL systems is a hosting problem - and for competent hosts its a minor one.  It is better NOT to get the page than to transmit sensitive data over an insecure line.   The ability to support SSL should be tested well before the cart is installed.

This is one of those points at which hosting, application development and cart operations have to work together to assure a safe operating environment.  Don't be afraid to post a requirement that hosting support includes working SSL.

Also, I doubt that PHP is incapable of checking connection security.  cURL is capable of returning connection status.  There will be a great deal of nuance, of course - but really, having and requiring SSL is not nearly as big a problem as not having and using it.

David

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:37 PM »
Let's be on the same page here. Do you we still refer to installation steps?  There 2 sides of the coin here.
1. To make installation easy and pleasant experience
2. To make installation secure and cover all possible aspects for miss configured SSL. Not everyone have SSL configured properly right at the start.

#2 can cause problems in installation if there is SSL issues on the server prior to installation and that effects #1.

For now, to get maximum security at installation, provided data can be temporary and later changed in configuration file, when moved to production. This is discretionary to individual security policy.

Finely, I agree to add option with SSL enabled installation in the future after number of different testes.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Nimitz1061

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 03:12:17 PM »
Well, I was more focused on the access to the admin index page - but its equally easy for an installing technician to assure that SSL is operational before the installer is even run. 

Installation should be done by people with at least some basic knowledge.  I see this as part of the customer qualification process.  If a customer can't tell when they have a secure connection, they're not qualified to operate a secure site - which are the only ones I want to host...

David

Offline CutiePengu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 10:57:56 PM »
I am on the dashboard, but I have 2 messages that are giving me errors.  They both tell me that:

1.  /home/squeakey/public_html/AbanteCart/cutie/system/config.php file needs to be set to read and execute modes (644 or 755) to keep it secured from editing!

and

2.  /home/squeakey/public_html/AbanteCart/cutie/index.php file is writable. It is recommended to set read and execute modes (644 or 755) for this file to keep it secured and running properly!

I do not see where I can fix these two errors so that I can do something with the app.  Can anyone help please?

This is an install from my sites cPanel page so I did not have to fill in anything except for my login information that I wanted and the address where I wanted it to be at.  This is from the "messages" page.  I can't get onto any other page.  When I try to go to them (dashboard included) I get the "ERROR 403 FORBIDDEN" page.

Any help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:59:49 PM by CutiePengu »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 12:19:34 AM »
Read this:
http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,3993.0.html

These "warnings" seems to have popped up in 1.2.4.  You can disable these checks with instructions in link above.  They don't seem to be hard errors and maybe a half attempt to lock down security a bit more.

Offline CutiePengu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 12:35:25 AM »
the problem now is i can't even login at all....what happened?  the page won't even load now...grrrr

and, for some reason i can't get into my cPanel page either now

ok, got into the cPanel page again, but every time I try to change the area that it says to change, the page keeps refreshing to the 403 error page before I can even scroll the page to find what i need to find....it only gives me about 3 seconds to find something and I can't do anything in that short of time

was finally able to click on the "disable" and save it, but its still doing it.  it won't load.  it keeps going to 403 error page
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:47:05 AM by CutiePengu »

Offline CutiePengu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 02:38:44 AM »
Finally got in and am looking at the different sections of the default template.  All I need now is to understand how to edit it...lol.

I'm not any good at all with anything PHP....waaaaaaa

Online llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2015, 09:23:59 AM »
Hey CutiePengu, welcome to Abantecart.  As a long time user I would strongly suggest you can change a LOT of stuff on a template without ever looking at the PHP.

Spend a little time reading the how-to manual http://docs.abantecart.com/  and playing with how the blocks system works -suspect you will find most of your requirements will be met.

Have fun,  it's a great cart -  but will need some learning curve as it is so flexible.

Lee

Offline CAROLE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 10:37:53 AM »
can somebody help me pleeeeese, i have just restored a backup after switching servers and i get

There has been a critical error processing your request

Please check AbanteCart and webserver error logs for more details. You can check error log in the control panel if it is functional. Otherwise, refer to error log located on your web server
 :(

[Wed Oct 28 05:08:40 2015] [error] [client 179.43.176.34] File does not exist: 404.shtml, referer: index.php

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 03:13:57 AM »
Hello.

Please check AbanteCart error log
In case you can not access admin you can locate error log directly in the file /system/logs/error.txt

Offline bryanpet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 10:30:32 PM »
I just installed abantecart on my server and when I try to log into the Admin area I type my user and password and click on login and it comes back to the login screen instead of logging me in. Please help

Admin did you see this post?????
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:33:53 PM by bryanpet »