Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: USPS shipping dimensions  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Beefaloaf

• View Profile
USPS shipping dimensions
« on: August 15, 2014, 10:18:18 AM »
Forgive me if this has been addressed already.  Searching the forum didn't seem to reveal anyone else with this issue (atleast with the criteria I've used!)

AbanteCart has been a pleasure to install and setup so far.  We're now getting into the details of products and solidifying the shipping tools.  Currently, only the USPS extension is active.  It has our account info, and it shows shipping options during the checkout process.  The problem I'm having is, the shipping options do not seem to take the product dimensions into account.  The weight is showing up correctly (right above the shipping options).

The weight does seem to allow/deny certain shipping options, but dimension does not.

If I enter the product info as 200"x 200"x 200" at 2 oz, the option for First-Class Mail Stamped Letter is available. (Larger options are also available)

If I leave the dimensions the same, but increase the weight to 16 oz, First-Class Mail Stamped Letter disappears leaving only the larger options available.

I know the dimensions are unrealistic, they are for testing purposes only.  Is there a way to get only the appropriate packaging options to show, based on the products selected?

Someone suggested I look into some of the USPS API options...

Jake

Offline Beefaloaf

• View Profile
Re: USPS shipping dimensions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
Found a similar inquiry from 2012.  It sounds as if it was resolved in version 1.0.3?  My problem seems to fit the same problem as this person from 2 years ago.

forum.abantecart.com/index.php?topic=181.0

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: USPS shipping dimensions
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 09:21:16 AM »
The problem I'm having is, the shipping options do not seem to take the product dimensions into account.  The weight is showing up correctly (right above the shipping options).

Hello.

Thank you for your post. We will add USPS shipping update to our backlog