Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: blank screen on migration  (Read 5852 times)

Offline tonyjandc

• View Profile
blank screen on migration
« on: August 16, 2014, 01:41:21 AM »
Hi Guys ,
Well after finally getting my arse into gear and looking at other e commerce sites I came across Abantecart , So I took the plunge and installed via Cpanel (go daddy) , got to admit one thing brilliant no hassles unlike previous install of said ecom software , I have an problem though , The migration tool , I entered all the details correct and hit the go button all i get is a blank screen , my opencart is 1.5.4.1 so I know from the drop down menu that its supported but it seems Abantecart doesn't do a thing has anyone come across this issue.

Please help as I have quite a few products to migrate and I love the layout of this e com and so does my wife so when Ive done mine I will do hers , B.T.W nothing but great reviews about Abantecart and the admin looks so professional plus I heard great things about seo's which we all need for site rankings please help Im Desperate to get away from that other software  :'(

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: blank screen on migration
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
Check that you provided all correct server and username/password to you opencart.

If you get blank screen this indicates there was an error. Right after you get bank screen, go to admin -> system -> logs -> error logs

Post last few lines here.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline tonyjandc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 03:12:23 PM »
thankyou for your reply here is the code

2014-08-16 19:00:49 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.9 Warning: Accessing store with unconfigured or unknown domain ( bgareworkstation.info/ ).
 Check setting of your store domain URL in System Settings . Loading default store configuration for now. in /home/tonyjohn1/public_html/www.bgareworkstation.info/core/lib/config.php on line 169
2014-08-16 19:00:49 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.9 require_once() [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in <b>/home/tonyjohn1/public_html/www.bgareworkstation.info/core/engine/dispatcher.php</b> on line <b>246</b>

this install was done through cpanel .  Should I manually f.t.p or is this another go daddy issue again

Offline tonyjandc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 06:21:43 PM »
Well heres a handy tip for anyone using go daddy and coming across the same issue .   This method worked for me bit long winded but done the job

1   install Abantecart through cpanel , it will create a database for you

2   goto system/config.php (no help from go daddy here found it hunting through the files) remember this e com is different to what i am used to  :) copy all the db info onto notepad

3    now go back to your main folder and delete the lot . Yes delete the lot , cup of tea time if you use mozila like I do.

4    Once the main folder is empty upload the version of Abantecart from here  abantecart.com/free-ecommerce-downloads

5    Rename htaccess.txt file to htaccess and then open up a url and type in your domain yourdomain.com/install
follow the instructions copying your database details , then you can log in and import ...

I am more than happy with this as I now have 23 pages of products but for some strange reason it wouldnt import my jpgs :(

now to work out my images and to start attacking the stylesheet .. I like h1 and h2 headers centered aligned , but whilst this was going on i was looking at the features pre built and people dont realise theres so many that are included within . Abantecart gets my vote and I will recomend this ecom kit to anyone starting out Ive used many different types of cart but this little beauty that I stumbled across wins hands down, Plus the forum has so many tips with a bit of time you can have a site that looks unique maybe a section showcasing peoples sites and allowing them to explain the modifications done to stylesheets ect ?.... A kind of showcase my store ?

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:28:55 PM by tonyjandc »

Offline tonyjandc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 07:06:37 PM »
ok after migration i am getting this error

2014-08-16 22:58:33 - warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.1.9 require_once() [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: Unable to allocate memory for pool. in <b>/home/tonyjohn1/public_html/www.bgareworkstation.info/core/engine/dispatcher.php</b> on line <b>246</b>

please help

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 01:41:43 PM »
Looks like you have low memory limit set on your server.

Try to increase the memory_limit for PHP.

If this does not help check if you use APC
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3723316/what-is-causing-unable-to-allocate-memory-for-pool-in-php

If you are not technical enough, I would contact hosting support for this matter
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help