Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Expanding options  (Read 5548 times)

Offline fantroym

• View Profile
Expanding options
« on: August 24, 2014, 05:06:52 PM »
Ok if i had hair I would have pulled it out by now! Is there any way to build products with expanding menus, for instance let say we sell a design for a shirt you pick the design you want then you pick tshirt hoodie sweatshirt then depending on the selection you make you choose the color. This way you can track inventory or each shirt of each color. ideas??

Thanks,
Mark

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Expanding options
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:22:18 PM »
Are you looking for product options? You can set them up in product -> option section

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/31-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/products#Options%20Tab
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline fantroym

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:37:19 PM »
No I got that figured out, what I am doing is trying to build a product for the Customizable family window stickers, what I was shooting for is 7 drop down menus for selecting gender,ie Male, Female, Teen male, Teen Female. once they choose say Male it adds two boxes for selecting the face then the body so for each person there is a face and a body, what I have set up right now is using two options per person one for face one for body with a total of 6 or 7 people so there will be 12 - 13 options, when its all said and done its going to be a very large page and then I will change the size of the images.

I guess another question is right now I am creating drop down boxes with 75+ options for all the faces and bodies, is there a way to duplicate one that I already did, or am I going to have to type each one out for each person??  Even with all my little hiccups this is by far the best option i have found, I just installed yesterday and still a few weeks from really going live but its really coming together!

thanks,
Mark

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 05:00:23 AM »
I guess another question is right now I am creating drop down boxes with 75+ options for all the faces and bodies, is there a way to duplicate one that I already did, or am I going to have to type each one out for each person??  Even with all my little hiccups this is by far the best option i have found, I just installed yesterday and still a few weeks from really going live but its really coming together!

thanks,
Mark

Hello, Mark. You can create Global Attributes (Options) and add them to products. read more http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/69-admin-user-manual/catalog-menu/global-attributes

Offline fantroym

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 07:23:06 AM »
Tried that and once I create the global attribute then go to add it to the product the options under the check box Still have to be added. Kinda defeats the whole purpose for me. I am spending 4 hours in a case today so I plan on doing some  data entry getting one product created then I can just copy the product.
Thanks for all the help!
Mark